Frontier Natural Products, Organic Cut & Sifted Basil Leaf, Sweet, 16 oz (453 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- AU$6.56|
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic
- Ocimum Basilicum
- Certified Organic by QAI
A lovely member of the mint family with a mildly peppery taste, a hint of clove and mint, basil is at the same time spicy and sweet, warm and fresh.
Basil is a customary seasoning in tomato-based sauces, juices, and pesto. It blends well with oregano for pizza sauce, and with other seasonings, especially lemon, garlic, and thyme.
- Try basil with fish, poultry, beans, pasta, rice, eggs, and vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Use it in soups, stews, vinegars, and salad dressings (or sprinkle it directly on salads).
- Lay fresh leaves of basil over sliced fresh or buffalo mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil for a quick, light salad.
So glad iHerb is finally carrying Frontier Natural products. I've used this basil before and it's very good.
Best ever basil
Posted by 5512993316486506299 on Oct 12, 2016
Try this as a crust over vegetables - cut and wipe in olive oil in a broiler pan, drench in this delicious basil, and broil for 50 minutes till it's a bit charred and crunchy. Delicious and healthy!
Posted by 5512663913804526940 on Aug 01, 2016
Basil leaf is very nice, has gentle flavor and smells great. One point of warning, though: 16 oz of basil leaf is A LOT. I had to distribute a major portion of it among friends and family.
Posted by 4650804934256182872 on May 03, 2016
Good product and value.
Excellent sweet basil
Posted by 4859194012726246578 on Jun 02, 2015
Very sweet and high quality basil.