DeLallo, Penne Rigate No. 36, 100% Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Cook 11 Min.
- Made with Bronze Plates
- 100% Whole Grain 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium, organic grain.
This grain is expertly milled with the texture of semolina for a superior feel & flavor, while retaining all its healthy, whole wheat goodness.
At DeLallo, we take time with your pasta. Our dough is slow kneaded with cool, spring water and dried at low temperatures, so that your pasta keeps its fresh-bread taste and cooks "al dente" every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Translated as "pen with ridges," this popular pasta cut is cylindrical & textured with angled ends to scoop your sauce—a specialty of Campania, Italy.
Pasta by the Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. 1/4 cup salt, never oil.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 11 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors, and serve.
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Values*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
a little gritty tasting but still ok
Posted by 4961659671189189304 on Nov 02, 2016
I think I'l buy it again.
Posted by 5535338423176274373 on Oct 13, 2016
This is good, the usual pasta. I like the pasta taste and texture.
I like DeLallo series
Posted by rosanjin on Nov 29, 2015
DeLallo's short pastas come out aldente every time. Never had a problem with over or undercooking. Mixes in well with oil or sauce, and keeps the bite for hours, hence good for packed lunches.
Posted by 4973804592044205227 on Aug 06, 2014
I had to learn to like it
Posted by 5540738916401582003 on Jun 22, 2014
Whole wheat pasta will never taste like regular pasta. First time I tried it i didn't like it, but I'm slowly liking it. It helped to use a strong and flavourful sauce initially to mask some of the "whole wheat taste" which I wasn't quite used to yet. I would repurchase this.