New To iHerb?

Jarrow Formulas, CarotenALL, Mixed Carotenoid Complex, 60 Softgels

AU$20.79
AU$31.98
Savings of: AU$11.19 (35% Off)

Immunity

Posted by Reviewer1793628 on Apr 23, 2010

I use to take a lot of a product called Phycotene, created by the spirulina visonary Christopher Hills of Light Force. It was amazing stuff, rich in many of the generally unacknowleged pigments in algae; many nutritious colors. These are the sunscreen of plants that protect them from UV rays etc. and in doing so, build carotenoids that also protect our immune systems. I always looked tan! I was very sick for years until I took lots of phycotene. Christopher is no longer with us, sadly, and those who bought his company, double sadly, no longer make phycotene. I was bereft. It had returned to me my life. However I have discovered what might be a second best-a formula that does deliver some of what phyotene had. There are many more immune enhancing pigments other than beta carotene and this product has a few of them. It does not have the wondrous blue pigment from algae that made phycotene a miracle: phycocyanin. But it does have several other useful pigments: lutein, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Beta Carotene. Good, I say.

Jarrow CarotenALL carotenoids

Posted by Reviewer2123035 on May 31, 2009

I've been taking this supplement for years. I'm 71 years old and still don't wear glasses. I'd like to think this supplement has something to do with it. My parents started to need glasses in their 40's.

You might notice benefits in a few of days

Posted by Reviewer2886508 on Dec 01, 2009

An opthamologist recommended an expensive private brand supplement for a dry eye based irritation, brought about by attentively watching computer displays. I found this Jarrow mixture had all the active carotenoids in greater quantities and additional helpful ingredients. The dry eye and other irritations cleared in about three days.

Five stars

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Jul 30, 2011

For anyone over 45, this is a must-have. The dosage of lutein (10mg) and zeaxanthin (2mg) are perfectly in sync with the American Optometric Association's 2011 recommendations. The Alpha-Carotene content is in response to recent clinical discoveries (research it on Google). It's terrific that Jarrow dosed the overall Vit A at 52% Daily Value, since we're getting the other 48% (and then some) in our regular diet (fresh spinach, carrots, pumpkin, mangoes, etc.) However, I'm disappointed that Jarrow provides us a meager half milligram of astaxanthin whereas other specialists go with 8mg a day.

We discovered that you CAN improve your eyesight!

Posted by Reviewer2638869 on Jan 12, 2012

A couple years ago, I never would've believed that a mere supplement would help my over-40 (and failing) eyesight. But within a few weeks of taking CarotenALL, I was noticing an 'edge' back on things, and that I didn't have to keep reaching for my reading glasses. It's now a daily must, and while our friends are complaining about how bad their eyes are getting, my husband and I are managing to hold our own against time. This stuff won't work miracles but it will definitely help the health of your eyes.