AUD

AU$27.46

AU$52.85

Savings of: AU$25.39 (48% off)

• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Good product but hard to swallow

Posted by NBPT100 on Jul 23, 2013

I gave this three stars only because it does not mix well in water and tastes awefull. But it does help with better sleep. It is cheaper than capsules but I think I will spring for the capsules next time. If you have a capsule filling machine you could try that approach and not have to deal with mixing and trying to get it down your throat. It can be time consuming. L-tryptophan is a precursor to 5-HTP. Some people find that 5-HTP does not work so well for them. If this is you, L-tryptophan is a good alternative. Try it with a small amount of B6 and B3 as they are cofactors and it may work better. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my home page and see more value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Great for a calm mind and sleep

Posted by coconut on Jul 01, 2012

I used this to calm my mind from stress and to sleep better. I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about prescriptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better to cope.  Take on an empty stomach for best results! I like that this product is pure and contains no other ingredients. I buy capsuled L-Tryptophan for my dog. He is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him.

nothing

Posted by Scottishdave on Jun 15, 2012

Did not provide myself with the benefits claimed.

Life long insomnia is over!

Posted by Reviewer3105168 on Jan 06, 2012

I've suffered from horrible insomnia my entire life and absolutely nothing has worked so consistently and for an entire 8 hours of sleep even under extreme stress. I do take between 2 and 3 scoops however and I seem to have no problem taking on an empty stomach. Thank you Dr's. Best and iherb!

Hi

Posted by Reviewer1821400 on Dec 15, 2011

Very good aid for sleep! And also good feeling during day.

Good for extra energy

Posted by Reviewer3191172 on Sep 19, 2011

This is the first time ordering the powder, I find it doesn't mix well with any liquid I've tried Residue clings to the bottom and side of glass after your done drinking Back to the capsules for me

Good quality product

Posted by Reviewer2913900 on Sep 01, 2011

I am 45 and struggled with insomnia for about a year. I'm fine going to sleep but I wake at about 2am then can't get back to sleep. Prescription meds had horrible side effects but I've found taking 100g of this if I wake, within about 30min I'm out like a light and wake up relaxed and refreshed at 6 or 7am. Well worth a try if you have any insomnia problems. Also, I live in Australia and the product was delivered within about 10 days which is a normal shipping time frame and product was securely packed in a protective box. I would definitely recommend ordering through iHerb.

Sleep

Posted by Reviewer1148301 on Jun 27, 2011

Helps me get several good hours of sleep when combined with melatonin.

Use every night

Posted by Reviewer2427255 on May 02, 2011

2 scoops are a must for me to help me get to sleep easily.

Best L-Trytophan Powder

Posted by Reviewer2069206 on Apr 03, 2011

I found this product pretty effective for helping to get to sleep.