New To iHerb?

HealthForce Nutritionals, Truly Natural Vitamin C, 17.6 oz (500 g)

AU$34.26
AU$42.83
Savings of: AU$8.57 (20% Off)

Is 20% Corn Sugar! Not good!

Posted by 5306663974144777526 on Mar 05, 2014

I just received this and when I looked at the label, I saw "Non GMO corn maltodextrin as a drying medium" listed under "Other ingredients." I didn't know whether that meant there was a dessicant packet inside or whether the maltodextrin was in the product itself, so I called the LifeForce company and they told me that the product is TWENTY PERCENT Corn maltodextrin (which is a fancy name for corn SUGAR)! I did not bother to open the jar and I'm bothered that this was NOT fully disclosed in the iHerb listing of the product. To me, that's deceptive and not in keeping with the otherwise good information on this site. LifeForce also was not totally honest in not listing that on the label, because it surely will affect the amount of carbs as well as its behavior in the body. Nutrient information is supposed to include those kinds of things, as far as I know. Anyone who is concerned about carbs or high glycemic foods should stay away from this entirely, not to mention all of those who might be allergic to corn! Sheesh!

This product is not organic

Posted by Reviewer3185417 on Mar 15, 2012

Great product except it doesn't say anywhere on the product that it is organic - only "truly natural" which is a bunch of marketing BS. I just assumed it was organic when I bought it since it was a healthforce product...should have looked closer (cherries are HEAVILY sprayed). Sheridan, please make this product organic and add camu camu! I love your other products.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that is known to reduce high blood pres sure, help protect from the cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, prevent cancer, kidney stones, boost immune system, helps to detox by binding to heavy metals, pro moting healings in cells, support good bacteria while destroying bad bacteria, protect from environmental toxins, osteoporosis, support collagen in maintaining healthy skin and many others! Vitamin C has over 80 years of research, over thousand studies and a very safe record even if taken at high doses. What is best about this product it consists of natural Vitamin C and its co factors, Natural Vitamin C complex are known to work in synergy with bioactivity up 10-30 times more than isolated Vitamin C! In addition, its co factors like rutin, bioflavonoids come with its set of their own benefits as well! As for the taste, it is sour and tastes/smells like real acerola berry. Because of its taste, you can easily mix in different combinations and still ends up with a very nice tasting drink. I mix with Amazing Gras s Berry together and take 3 teaspoons daily. It makes it much more motivating to take this as compared to gras s juice. It is true that this is the only product by Healthforce Nutritional that isn’t truganic (Healthforce’s own higher standard of organic). However, I still trust in the high quality standard and checks by Healthforce whenever they release their product. Check out my page for more reviews!

Good Value; Nice Addition to Shakes

Posted by wholefoods on Aug 30, 2012

I purchased this product to add to a protein and greens drink I am using to replace multivitamins. I will use a teaspoon of this product along with a scoop of Sun Warrior Vanilla Warrior Food, Hawaiian Spirulina, and Yaeyama Chlorella. Taken together, the mix contains just about everything I need and has allowed me to replace pill supplements altogether. This product is a good value for the amount you get. 500g is enough to last several months when using 1 or 2 teaspoons per day. As with the rest of HealthForce Nutritionals products, I trust this product is of the highest quality. While it would be nice if this product contained Camu-Camu and other sources of Vitamin C, I can't complain too much. Acerola is a known not only as one of the highest sources of vitamin C available, but also a good source of antioxidants and a complimentary aid for a range of health conditions. I will have to wait to see how my body responds to this product compared to synthetic vitamin-C, but it seems like a much better choice and a good addition to my daily shake.

Health insurance

Posted by Reviewer2710430 on Feb 11, 2012

I've been using Healthforce's Truly Natural Vitamin C for about 2 years straight and I've never ever been sick since which wasn't always the case before I started using it. To me it's my all year-round health insurance(part of it anyways).