AUD

AU$25.56

AU$36.50

Savings of: AU$10.94 (30% off)

LOVE THIS PRODUCT, BUT BE CAREFUL OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!

Posted by Reviewer3168479 on Mar 21, 2012

I love this product and initially felt really good taking it the first week. I've been taking this for 2 weeks. Began using this to detox from removal of amalgam (mercury/silver) dental fillings. Without knowing the cause, I started to feel anxious, constricted...like I had too many things going on at once. I then had a dental appt. and they took my blood pressure before placing a crown. They said my blood pressure is high, which they thought would be nervousness sitting in a dental chair. Never had high blood pressure before...am 40 yrs and healthy. I later found on the Internet that research from the University of Virginia Health System has found that NAC can cause the body to believe that it is experiencing hypoxia by forming a molecule that causes the signals the blood vessels they are low on oxygen. The body responds by increasing pulmonary blood pressure, which then causes the heart to swell. Due to the possible effects on blood pressure, patients managing their blood pressure should consult with their physician before taking N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine. I have now switched to L-Glutathione to detox from mercury and other toxins.

Alcohol Poisoning Detox

Posted by Reviewer2935663 on Feb 19, 2007

Another little know benefit of Cysteine in its various forms such as N-Acetyl Cysteine is its ability to help detoxify the liver in the case of alcohol poisoning, more commonly known as a hangover. People tend to take a NSAID (nonsterodial, anti-inflammatory drugs) like aspirin or ibuprofen after heavy drinking and before bed, it is better to take L-Cysteine, or N-A-C, so as not to add insult to injury of the liver and digestive tract.

NAC is a great supplement but this one contains plastic!

Posted by sweetheart on Jun 28, 2012

I noticed too late there is polyacrylate in this product. That's plastic! I switched to another brand because i don't think eating plastic is good for anyone. Otherwise NAC is a great supplement: removes toxins from your body by helping liver to work as it should. Great hangover medicine as well :) <br /><br /> <font color="red"><strong>August 2012 - Note form Jarrow Formulas:</strong></font> The polyacrylate polymer is GRAS. The material is widely used in dietary supplements although can be represented in multiple ways on a label including the trademark Carbopol, carbomer homopolymer and carboxypolymethylene. Finally, the research indicates that due to its size, the polyacrylate polymer employed in this product is not absorbed through the intestines and therefore poses no safety concern.  There is a very good reason for NAC Sustain:  The half-life of NAC is relatively brief.  Carbopol is a biomucoadhesasnt.  It keeps the tablet at the site of maximum absorption, at or near the upper small intestines.  The tablet slowly erodes, thus there is a continuous release for a couple of hours instead of the whole thing being essentially gone in one hour.  The tablet can take up to two hours to release the contents plus the hour of half-lives, thus the dose lasts three hours or more.  This gives a real boost to the production of GSH (glutathione) and the Phase I detoxification pathway of the liver.  If one chooses to not utilize the benefits of Carbopol then the standard <a href="http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine-500-mg-200-Capsules/235" target="_blank">Jarrow Formulas NAC capsule</a> is also an option.  <br />

Helps my immune system

Posted by Reviewer2781095 on Jan 19, 2008

My system was stressed from chronic Epstein Bar and Yeast, but I still caught infections which anti-biotics would not always touch and make the yeast grow. NAC made my liver happy and keeps chronic sinus infections at bay. Jarrow's time release formula seems to work much better than others.

Jarrow N-A-C Sustain

Posted by Reviewer2694564 on Nov 10, 2008

Since oral supplementation of glutathione doesn't work, and NAC has such a short half-life, I really appreciate being able to take a time-released product (that works) rather than popping pills all day long. Helps my immune system. Wouldn't be without it.

Jarrow Formulas, NAC, 600 mg, 100 Tablets

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Oct 27, 2010

Clinical research has proven that L-cysteine is safer to take on a daily basis than sustained-release NAC; this powerful antioxidant should be cycled and should not be taken continuously. Please note that NAC is an altered version of L-cysteine and thus has the potential for more side effects. Please use NAC with caution and tell your physician you take this product.

Great for detoxing

Posted by Reviewer2080452 on Feb 07, 2008

I think this is the best form of NAC on the market. NAC is the precursor to reduced glutathione. This helps the body detox many different substances. I'm chemically sensitive and have elevated copper levels, and this has helped with both conditions.

Makes aging a little easier

Posted by Reviewer2457952 on Aug 27, 2009

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

Liver health and sinus health, too

Posted by Reviewer1277418 on Aug 29, 2010

I've had "liver problems" my whole life -- every time a doc wants to start me on a new drug, we test my liver. I've been taking NAC Sustain for a few months, and my most recent liver panel came back clean. My doc actually said "wow." Go figure. Also, not sure about the mechanics of this, but suffer from Sinus pain and have to stay on top of it -- until I started NAC Sustain -- I can always tell when we run out -- sinus pain returns. As long as I stay on this formula, no Sinus problems. Amazing. I usually take 2-3 at night before bed, and then another 1-2 tabs in the morning before food. This stuff is amazing.

Physician Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1971662 on Sep 26, 2010

My physican recommended both this product and the Jarrows Alpha Lipoic Sustain to me. The "sustain" better regulates my metabolism and keeps my blood sugar stabilized. I have been able to lose weight taking both these products together, and I no longer have those vexing late afternoon hunger pangs.