Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Nature's Way, Kelp, 600 mg, 180 Capsules

AU$9.27
AU$14.73
Savings of: AU$5.45 (37% Off)

The best seaweed - a well balanced natural source of iodine

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 13, 2014

I don't tolerate the most common form of organic iodide at all it seems, so after struggling with what else to use for awhile, I've now settled on this. I've seen three caps a day recommended by reputable sources that I trust, and personally find that to be a good amount. This brand was also the one recommended as the best to take by the same sources. When taking iodine, it pays to be mindful that B12 is an iodine synergist and may need to be increased as well, especially with long term use. Magnesium is an iodine antagonist - suggest avoid taking together if you supplement both (e.g. try iodine AM, magnesium PM). Also pays to be mindful that iodine is a manganese antagonist, and manganese is required for synthesis of thyroxin/endocrine health (and more) - initial good results that deteriorate over time may be due to depletion of other essential co-factors. B1 and niacin/niacinamide (B3) are iodine antagonists that I also avoid - I've recently read a couple of niacin studies that noted decreased thyroid hormone levels in participants using B3 (to the point of being diagnosed hypothyroid, which fortunately resolved a month after discontinuing B3). I love that these caps don't contain any fillers - thank you Nature's Way. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

High in iodine!

Posted by Reviewer2477313 on May 26, 2010

These pills have the highest per pill amount of iodine. I no longer have fungal infections. Because of the large amount of pills in the container, 3 a day and it lasts 60 days. Great bargan!

Problems with Thyroid

Posted by Reviewer3261375 on Jun 30, 2008

I had a problem with my thyroid and this has helped me begin to really lose the weight. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone with a similar problem.

Watch your labels

Posted by Reviewer2467583 on Jan 13, 2008

I take it Nature's Way Kelp for its iodine content. I had an enlarged prostate problem which my doctor said was probably do to an under active thyroid possibly due to inadequate iodine. A simple test, he said, was to smear first aid iodine on my skin above the navel. If a quarter size spot disappears within three days, you're iodine deficient. Some Kelp products on the market have had their iodine removed, I highly recommend Nature's Way Kelp.

gentle iodine for thyroid and breast health

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Jun 05, 2012

Natural iodine from seaweeds is different from the typical iodide salts found in supplements. According to Dr. Murray ND, natural iodine is the only type useful for breast health because breast cells lack the enzyme necessary to convert inorganic iodides into iodine. Iodine can help with fibrocystic breasts and cyclic mastalgia (cyclic breast pain). Since taking one kelp capsule a day my cyclic breast pain has disappeared.