AUD

AU$25.08

AU$39.37

Savings of: AU$14.29 (36% off)

No effect on cholesterol at all

Posted by aigereem on Jul 16, 2012

I read a lot of positive reviews about Policosanol in general and NOW's supplement in particular, and was very optimistic about it. My husband has a family hypercholestorolemia, his levels of total cholesterol and LDL are high since he was very young. Sadly, this supplement had absolutely no effect on his cholesterol and LDL levels after 2 bottles (1 x day = half a year of taking it). The blood test results show exactly the same elevated levels of total cholesterol and LDL, just as they were before he started taking Policosanol. I am disappointed.

This Works to Reduce my Cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2666562 on Nov 17, 2008

My cholesterol dropped by about 20 points when I started taking this product. I also take extra CoQ-10 (actually Ubiquinol) with it.

Magical stuff

Posted by Reviewer3260527 on Mar 21, 2011

These vcaps along with curcumin and the fancy Life Extensions fish oil (with Sesame & olive fruit) have lowered my diabetic father's total cholesterol from 230 to 186 in less than 3 months! His triglycerides tanked from 252 to 96!!! Holy smokes, I don't think that his triglycerides had ever been under 100 in the last 3 decades. His fibrinogen also improved drastically from 398 to 250. His cardiologist was amazed because my dad never took statins.

My doctor wanted me to take Lipitor.

Posted by Reviewer2946921 on Nov 11, 2009

Ever since I started using Policosanol my cholostrol levels have basically stayed the same. They haven't gone down but that could be that I only take one a day first thing in the morning. I am going to up my intake to two and see if brings my levels down.Based on maintainung my levels my Doctor has stopped trying to get me to take Lipitor which is a good sign these are working

Great product, great brand!

Posted by Reviewer2324004 on Apr 10, 2010

Now is my new favorite. I have done a lot of research on the different supplement companies and these guys are in a league all their own. I was fortunate enough to tour their facility and was speechless at the quality control and safety measures they have. Lots of companies talk about how good they are but these people live it! I buy their supplements for my entire family, this one was for my mom's high cholesterol and already it seems to be working incredibly, thank you so much for carrying the Now brand!!!!!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3232310 on May 16, 2010

I've taken one tablet per day for past 4-5 months- my last choresterol check was the best I've had 179-- I've always been 200 or above--- thx Greg

Great price/product

Posted by Reviewer1994047 on Jun 10, 2008

I take this as part of a formula for helping manage high Cholesterol and I have to take 20 mg's a day. Since these pills have 20 mg's in each, I only have to take one pill instead of two a day.

Better than Statins

Posted by Reviewer1890096 on Mar 25, 2010

10mg knocked 17% off of my Colesterol count

Good So Far!

Posted by Reviewer2744446 on Aug 22, 2008

I am using this brand because of its combination of ingredients to help me lower "bad" cholesterol. I have not used it long enough to give a thorough rating, but my test results have dropped approximately 11 points within 6 months time.

Good cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer1026535 on May 03, 2009

I have relied on this product for 8+ years to help keep the bad cholesterol at bay and to provide a good ratio between the good and bad cholesterol. It proves itself at every medical physical.