AUD

AU$19.31
AU$19.94
Savings of: AU$0.63 (3% off)

Good Protein Product

Posted by Reviewer1181017 on May 13, 2011

Good high protein in a low dose...Nice for tube feeding for my needs

Multiple benefits.. skin, hair and stomach healing

Posted by HEMS-SoreJointsEtc on Jul 21, 2014

I started taking this just before Christmas 2013... the nails and hair improvements I noticed within a few months, even a couple of wrinkles seemed less deep. 7 months later I am noticing I can handle dairy (in small amounts) better than I could before (any lactose would cause nasty digestive issues previously). I live in hope that perhaps one day I can handle other FODMAP items - honey would be nice, or an apple but not yet. I am a work in progress :) I mix this with my decaf coffee [Mount Hagen, Organic-Café, Decaffeinated, Freeze Dried Instant Coffee] morning and night and don't notice the taste at all. I soak a heaping spoonful with room temp water while boiling the kettle and never have lumping issues. My dietitian considers the gelatin a good protein source and since I'm not a big meat eater this is an easy way to get some extra protein.

The best

Posted by Reviewer1192713 on Jul 25, 2014

Did not breake my skin out in acne, like other brand did. So this one I am holding on to. Repurchased already:)

Now Foods,Real Food, Beef gelatin powder, 1 lb.

Posted by 4965086556239939279 on May 28, 2014

I love it. It's great for people who do not eat pork and can make our favorite treats. I can make non pork based gummy bear candy, and my favorite non pork based marsh mellows. I can make jello for my family. I can go on and on about how good this product is.I like the 1 pound bag size because, I can keep it for a while. I am glad that I could find it because most grocery stores don't carry this. Yea!

Great source of unsweetened protein - Great for cooking - Unique & Beneficial Amino Acids not Usually in our Diets

Posted by Reviewer1363702 on Aug 13, 2014

As the title of my review states - the amino acids in this are not as common in our diets, since we started shunning the cartilage and 'odd' cuts of meats, in favor of pure muscle meat. Much of an animal is not muscle meat - and we benefit from the different amino acids in those 'other' parts. Research Proline, Glutamine, and Glycine (which this powder is high in) if you're interested. These amino acids aren't considered essential, but are very beneficial, especially for people with bowel disorders (in the case of glutamine). This powder can add nutrition and body to vegetable and meat broths, or become homemade low-sugar jello, gelatin candies, chocolate mousse, or a nutritious boost to your smoothies. Learn to use it and let it 'bloom' before adding it to recipes, though, for best results (hit the google machine!) Such a versatile ingredient that I always make sure I have in my kitchen. Unlike knox, this is beef-based and not pork-based, which is important to me. It's much cheaper here on Iherb than the lower-quality kind available in grocery stores. Very popular with Primal/Paleo people, too. Packaging, quality, and shipping speed were great!