AUD

AU$18.57

AU$28.13

Savings of: AU$9.56 (34% off)

Hayfever relief

Posted by Reviewer2140768 on Apr 22, 2013

Having suffered bad hayfever the last couple of days, I had tried vitamin C with only limited benefit. I recalled reading that methionine may help, so I had a cap on an empty stomach at night and started to get relief within 10 minutes. I also slept better than I usually do. This is a well-tolerated product for me and is free of magnesium stearate. Methionine is an essential amino acid (your body cannot synthesise it) that is required for the methylation cycle; hormones such as serotonin, melatonin and dopamine are produced as a result of this cycle. The B vitamins are also essential for methylation, however in my case, supplemental methionine seems very beneficial and I have been taking a multi-vitamin (plus extra methylcobalamin B12 occassionally) for years. As with most things, moderation is key. Excess methionine, particularly in the absence of B vitamins can lead to elevated homocysteine, but methionine deficiency can also compromise the methylation cycle, lead to fatty liver disease plus a range of other health issues. Indeed methionine deficiency can also lead to higher homocysteine; here's a quote from Kilmer McCully, one of the pioneers of homocysteine research: 'Methionine deficiency elevates blood homocysteine concentrations because of decreased synthesis of adenosyl methionine and dysregulation of sulfur amino acid metabolism'.

Regained energy to get through the day

Posted by Reviewer3108211 on Jun 25, 2008

Past Candida infections left me with an overload of acetaldehyde that left me feeling constantly drained, often requiring long naps in the day. After receiving my iHerb order, I took 500 mg of l-methionine and NAC each and the very next day, I woke up ready to jump out of bed! I went through the day feeling more energetic (but not hyper), and not as though I was "leaking energy". I find that I can take this and / or NAC to achieve this effect, but l-methionine seems to help clear the mind as well.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1256308 on Aug 02, 2010

Took b12 injections allmost every day. With L-methionine and Carnitine I need to take b12 only once in the two weeks. I feel a lot better, less tired, less pain. Like the capsules of Twin labs even more, because these are smaller.

Lipid management

Posted by Reviewer3323341 on Sep 25, 2011

Use along with L-lysine and L-carnitine for reducing liver fats.

Smell of pickled daikon radish

Posted by 5441601568455206788 on May 13, 2014

Purchased for liver and leaky gut.

Good for lowering histamine

Posted by 5688431299396941972 on Nov 11, 2015

I have a lot of benefits from l-methionine. This supplement works within 1 hour. I get relief from my hay fever symptoms. I do not repurchase this product again, and the reason is 'California Proposition 65 Warning'. The product contains lead. That's just a no-go for me! 5 stars for l-methionine, 1 star for this product containing a harming chemical!

Nutricology, L-Methionine

Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Jul 24, 2012

Excellent, very happy.

l-mETHIONINE

Posted by Reviewer2156261 on Jun 12, 2011

Brilliant helping you to relax

Great Product

Posted by 4650648719080664333 on Jul 10, 2013

The product is great, but the smell is a little strong.

Smelly

Posted by Reviewer2050611 on Feb 20, 2012

They have a smell to them that I don't like that much which makes them difficult to take.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »