AUD

AU$16.42

AU$20.52

Savings of: AU$4.09 (20% off)

Ghee Clarified Butter

Posted by KiMaLi on Apr 26, 2013

Ghee is typically used in India. I started using Ghee a couple of years ago to help prevent tooth decay. 1/4 teaspoon of Ghee with 1/4 teaspoon of high quality Cod Liver Oil three times per day will help alleviate tooth decay. I avoided a root canal as a result of following this recipe. Plus my sensitive teeth issues have pretty much been eliminated altogether. I do find Ghee to be kind of greasy and it sort of has a funny taste to it, so to alleviate these issues I just put it in a smoothie. Then you don't really taste either of them. It has had amazing results for me. I have found that IHerb has a very reasonable price on Ghee 4 - 5 dollars cheaper than what I was paying for it locally. So now I'm purchasing it through IHerb. I'm sure Ghee has many other useful purposes as well. If you found this review to be helpful please click the yes button. Remeber to check out the daily and weekly specials for more terrific savings. Have a good day.

Extremely high quality ghee but...

Posted by Reviewer1273925 on Jul 26, 2011

This is a truly great quality ghee product, very very hard to surpass this kind of quality. Basically no water in it, a great yellow golden color and the flavor is great, thanks to organic grass fed cows. Very happy that iherb is now carrying this product, wanted to try this brand of ghee for years, just ordered my 2nd bottle. Review update: I have reduced my rating for this product, since I found that it does not store well at room temperature after opening. I dont understand this, the cooking test revealed no water, the only explanation would be there is some slight mild solids residue from incomplete processing, so my my recommendation is to store it in the fridge after opening. Will contact the manufacturer for an explanation.

About the shipping weight

Posted by Reviewer3063157 on Nov 03, 2013

This review is merely about iherb n not the product. The shipping weight for the same product in amazon is 1.8llbs but iherb says it's 2.6 Actually it's not only this product, lots of other products are the same. I sent email asking them why, of course they didn't reply!

Very good quality, yummy and healthy!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

This clarified butter is true magic! It tastes so much better than regular butter, it is organic, lactose and casein free. The price is very good too! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

ghee

Posted by StephanieH on Jan 18, 2011

great product if you're lactose intolerant.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3144790 on May 24, 2011

Great product, very happy you have it. I made my own ghee before, a lot of work and twice as expencive. Will buy this product from now on.

I'll give it 5 stars although I don't like the taste

Posted by marley on Feb 20, 2011

I read that this is also great as a moisturizer and for acne,stomach aches,burns etc..

I didn't like it. But I can see why others do.

Posted by Reviewer1072897 on Jan 03, 2013

This butter is definitely a matter of taste. While I can see why somebody will love it, I myself just can't... I've tried, but to me it strongly resembles some kind of brown cheese which I just can't stand. :/ On a positive note, I do use it alot in cooking. It works great there and I doesn't particulary notice the taste. It's just butterish. Also; it is organic! I'm really really happy that the variety of organic products is widening and is available for international customers. Especially one like this. :D

Good.

Posted by Reviewer1639408 on Jul 08, 2012

But not as good as Pure Indian Foods brand which is more yellow and flavourful. However, I can't afford the $30 shipping with them. Very glad iherb carries a comparable product for a great shipping rate that usually comes like a bullet across the Canadian border the very next day. Thanks also for the free sampes of Cococeps.

PERFECT

Posted by Reviewer1362253 on Aug 16, 2011

This ghee has it all, organic, 100% grass fed cows, nice flavour, beautiful colour and great to use in all my cooking. A bit strong for toast but that is the only minor down side for me. I love it.