AUD

AU$18.13

AU$33.58

Savings of: AU$15.45 (46% off)

...

Posted by Reviewer3181914 on Jul 13, 2011

DMAE raises acetylcholine levels and lowers dopamine levels. I got more depressed on this because I think I need more dopamine than acetylcholine.

Not a Great Experience, For Me At Least

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 15, 2012

Originally, I purchased Source Naturals, DMAE as support for my skin, since it's been hyped for that purpose by many well-known medical doctors. After taking DMAE for months, I've noticed no change whatsoever in my skin, so I have to consider DMAE a failure in that regard. However, I did notice that my mental concentration was better and recall from memory was faster and clearer than ever before, and my eyesight improved, especially when reading. I also noticed that I was suffering from a kind of low-grade depression. In reasearching DMAE, I found that its mechanism of action is (supposedly; a lot of controversy exists over DMAE and its biological activity) by raising levels of Acetylcholine by inhibiting Choline metabolism, but this happens to lower the levels of the neurotransmitter Dopamine. So, speaking only from my experience, I wouldn't recommend trying DMAE unless there's a compelling reason. If a person is suffering from depression — especially depression caused by abnormally low levels of Dopamine — I would avoid DMAE completely, and certainly consult with a mental health professional with knowledge about brain chemistry before trying something like DMAE.

Absolutely has made a difference

Posted by Reviewer2288865 on May 01, 2009

It took a week or two for the effectiveness to become obvious. I am always tapping my foot or fidgeting. I can't stop it. I also have a hard time focusing and staying on track. After a couple of weeks, the fidgeting stopped and I can tell a difference in my concentration too. Though I have not been to a doctor to see if I have adult ADD or ADHD, I'm fairly sure I do have it based on what I've read. This has helped me. Just to make sure, I stopped taking it for a month and went back on. I started tapping my foot again and found it hard to track. Got back on and right away noticed change. I think DMAE is worth trying.

DMAE for depression

Posted by Reviewer2636967 on Feb 26, 2008

This has been a life-saver for me. I've tried many things, many I can't take because it makes my heart pound. SAMe did that plus it made me feel even more deeply depressed by the second dose. DMAE made a difference immediately. The first day I already began to feel better; even my family noticed the difference in my mood. I would recommend trying DMAE if other things are not working for you.

For Women

Posted by Reviewer3340957 on Jul 07, 2010

I have read some interesting things about DMAE & it's effect on brain and cognition. I tried it about 2 yrs, ago & don't go a day without it, now. At wikipedia it is describes as having been studied for people w/ADD (which I have) & memory impairment. It is classed as a "nootropic". To quote, also from Wikipedia, "Nootropics (pronounced /noʊ.ɵˈtrɒpɨks/), also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, and cognitive enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that are purported to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration." I also take, & have found Huperzine, Lecithin and DHA to be helpful, also. I have found this combination to be of tremendous help. I'm more high-functioning with this combo.

Focused and angry

Posted by ALoren on Sep 28, 2013

DMAE made me very focused but very angry. I had to stop taking it.

Only 130mg "real" DMAE

Posted by Reviewer2963354 on Feb 21, 2012

The box says 351mg but on the backside it says 130mg DMAE. Watch out, you might need to consider NOW FOODS DMAE. I Take booth this and NOW FOODS, to get to around 400 mg DMAE as directed by my healt care provider.

AHDD reliever!!

Posted by Reviewer3129672 on Jun 21, 2009

It improves my attention.Many thanks to İ-Herb for fastest shipping and great customer service....

Helps with concentration and focus

Posted by Reviewer2347683 on Nov 22, 2009

I got an immediate mental boost from this. Since starting DMAE, at work I'm able to settle in, concentrate and focus, and just get in a zone. I'm more productive, and work goes faster. Great stuff!

Amazing Increase in Focus and Concentration

Posted by 4756545918426610127 on Jul 10, 2012

It has increased my focus and concentration three fold on the first day of taking 1 tablet and you don't get the cracked out crazy laser focus. It feels like a calm and nice focus. :) And you can never go wrong with Source Naturals. I've been testing different brands i.e. Jarrow, and Source Natural seems to consistently deliver high quality formulations. I usually take this first thing when I wake up and I can feel it kick it when I sit at my desk and start working.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »