AUD

AU$13.90

AU$21.60

Savings of: AU$7.70 (36% off)

One of the least processed forms of liquid stevia

Posted by LessSugarNaturally on Jun 12, 2013

I’ve been using stevia products since January 2012 and have done a lot of research about it. It’s important to understand that the stevia leaf contains at least 10 different steviol glycosides: stevioside, rebaudioside A, B, C, D, E, and F, dulcoside A, rubusoside, and steviolbioside. SweetLeaf's Sweetdrops are made with the FDA approved sweetener "High purity steviol glycoside extract" which is made from 2 components of the stevia leaf....approximately equal parts Stevioside and Reb A. The other stevia sweetener "Reb-A", is used in products like Truvia and Purevia, and is 95% minimum solely rebaudioside A. Unlike the sweeteners, "Whole Leaf Stevia Concentrate" is a whole form of stevia. It is made by boiling whole leaves until it’s a thick dark syrup. I immediately noticed a huge contrast between the whole leaf concentrate and other liquid stevia products. It was thick, black, and goopy!  First I tried it in my homemade lemonade.  Big mistake.  It just wasn't able to sweeten it, turned my lemonade brown, and tasted very "leafy".  A few days later, I gave it another try...this time in my tea.  This combination worked better, but the "leafy" taste was still very prominent.   Would I buy this product again?  Probably not.  As someone who's always striving to eat more whole, I honestly wish I liked it more.  It is the less processed better choice.  Think of it as whole grain bread as opposed to white, however I just don't like it. For now I'll stick with what works for me which is SweetLeaf's Liquid Stevia Sweet Drops Sweetener. I'm giving it three stars because it is a great whole, pure product and only has water as a filler. Because of the taste I can't give it 5 stars. I live in Canada and have received all of my iherb orders within 2 weeks. Feel free to check out my other detailed reviews on products like stevia, baking staples and low-toxicity beauty products and do let me know if you found this review helpful :)

Great

Posted by Reviewer2111174 on Aug 06, 2008

The only truly PURE Stevia I could find. If you look at the ingredients of most of the Stevia's they have other bad stuff in them but this one is all natural. Thanks I bought 2!

not so good.

Posted by estranged on May 02, 2010

I used white stevia of the same brand and it was great. I ordered this one because I thought it is healthier, but this one has a strange aftertaste. I don't like the taste in my coffee. I'll order white stevia again.

This stuff is terrible

Posted by Reviewer1844131 on Dec 05, 2012

This is not what I had hoped. It does not sweeten, is black in color, has a very bitter taste and an anise type aftertaste. It made me nauseated. Don't waste your money!

No Aftertaste - unless you use too much of it.

Posted by Reviewer1976769 on Jan 15, 2011

My husband did not notice when I used the whole leaf concentrate in his iced tea. I used 3 drops in the place of 3 teaspoons of sugar for over a week before asking him how he liked his tea. He was thrilled that he no longer had to feel guilty about sweetening his iced tea. I've tried powdered stevia and some of the other clear types and I think this one tastes the most natural(by that I mean the most like sugar) I also cook with this. I substitute 1 teaspoon for 1 cup of sugar. When you are learning to cook with Stevia - be sure not to use too much. More will not make it sweeter - if you use too much it will become more bitter. Perhaps you could start by substituting it for only half of your sugar and then work up to get the right amount.

waste of $$$

Posted by Reviewer1412547 on Aug 13, 2008

I have been using Stevia for years now and decided to try this one. To my horror upon opening the bottle, the liquid was like sludge and had a rotten smell and taste to it.....I had to throw the whole bottle away! I was extremely disappointed!

Wisdom Natural, SweetLeaf, Stevia Whole Leaf

Posted by Reviewer1846579 on Dec 01, 2008

I love this stuff! No more sugar in my coffee from now on. I will try the vanilla cream flavored one for my raw milk next.

A great sweetener

Posted by Reviewer1917301 on Dec 28, 2007

I have been using stevia concentrate for years. Diabetes runs in my family and stevia concentrate helps normalize blood sugar and I enjoy the taste in tea. You don't need much either.

Wisdom Natural SweetLeaf, Stevia Whole Leaf Concentrate

Posted by Reviewer2551721 on Jan 24, 2009

This liquid sweet leaf Stevia is the best. I enjoyed every drop. The last time I purchased Stevia I had gotten the packets. I am an iced tea drinker. Unless I put the Stevia in before the ice it just would not dissolve very well. This liquid I take with me in my purse everywhere I go. I love it. It is even sweet enough. I have even gotten my neighbor to try it. He has asked me to purchase him some more of the packets. I gave him a bottle of liquid to try. So when I order on the first of Feb I will know which one he will want to order. You will too, I will always order just the liquid for my self. It is too wonderful for words. Many hugs to you. God Bless You All. Cindy

i like this

Posted by Reviewer1643645 on Aug 24, 2010

i'm trying to get away from white processed bleached stevia powder, and this is perfect because it's just concentrated stevia, not the extract. tastes different though but i don't mind.