The Tao of Tea, Organic Famous Australian Herb, Lemon Myrtle, Caffeine Free, 3 oz (85 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- AU$6.64|
- Artisan Quality · Pure Leaf Teas · Fresh
- 100% Organic
- USDA Organic
- Brews 50 Cups
- Certified Organic by QAI
Origin - Australia
Lemon Myrtle is a flowering plant in the family Myrtaceae, genus Backhousia, native and subtropical rainforests of eastern Australia. Other common names are sweet verbena tree, sweet verbena myrtle, lemon scented verbena, and lemon scented backhousia. It is a close relative of the fragrant Eucalyptus tree.
Its main flavor constituent is Citral, which is responsible for most of the lemon scents and flavors in nature, including that found in lemon fruit, lemon grass, lemon balm, and lemon verbena.
Citral has several medicinal uses, it is a potent antiseptic, and may prove useful in treating gastro-intestinal infections.
Lemon Myrtle is also known for its relaxing effect on the body. Caffeine free.
Steep one teaspoon in eight ounces of filtered water at 180F for three minutes. Lemon Myrtle is delicious iced or in smoothies and syrups.
100% organic lemon myrtle 'backhousia citriodora' leaves.