Our favorite pasta!!!

Posted by eathealthy on Nov 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Excellent pasta made from rice and quinoa. I wish it was made with brown rice however. This pasta is really nice and you can't tell the difference from wheat pasta. We use this in casseroles and it doesn't get gummy or lose it shapes as most wheat and rice pastas tend to do. Please be sure to cook a little bit longer than traditional pastas, almost 15 minutes. If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Complete Protein Pasta

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is probably my favorite gluten-free pasta. It is more pricey than most others. I am considering buying mainly this brand regardless of the monetary price as the complete protein of the quinoa makes this a less carb addictive pasta for me. I find it much more satisfying and easier to stick to a smaller portion than with 100% rice pastas. The 6 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per 2 ounce serving help the carbs absorb more slowly decreasing it's glycemic load. It also cooks beautifully. It stays much more firm than both the rice pastas and the buckwheat pastas.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just as good or even better than ordinary pasta.

Great Pasta

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've reordered this pasta multiple times. It's a great substitute. Regular pastas make me very tired and I usually feel starving 1-2 hours after eating them. This brand I don't have this problem at all. Make sure you cook it as long as it says, or it will still be hard.

Pasta

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

WOW. What a nice change to plain pasta. Fusilli is a great shape and Quinoa is so good for you. Eat up everyone.

Alright

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Taste is good, but when cooked it gets mushy on the outisde and really hard inside.

Won't buy again.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The taste and texture is better than 100% brown rice pasta, but I don't know if that's because they're using white rice as the main ingredient, or if the quinoa helps. However, while on one hand it does have a consistency very much like wheat pasta, the outside ends up overcooked and the inside beyond al dente. Apparently this pasta shape doesn't lend itself to this rice/quinoa blend. If I was going to try this for the first time, I'd buy the spaghetti--but iHerb doesn't stock it, so go with the macaroni instead, but even then for the price you're given a very meager amount; the cost is about 5x higher than wheat pasta.

Better easy quinoa grain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I find this easier to digest than the grain, and better tasting. It doesn't have that strong woody taste that the grain has. I find it helpful to soak the pasta for 1/2 hour or more so that the texture is softer.

Perfect pasta

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Although I am new to gluten free products, I am delighted to find so many delicious choices. These creative blends are now my preference because of the better taste and textures. I often read complaints about cooked texture, but I find if you just closely monitor the product as it cooks, you can get it perfect for YOUR taste. That really is the key. You can't just drop it in boiling water and walk away. I cook enough to have some to reheat and with a touch of water, it microwaves perfectly in a minute or so. Delicious with anything and everything.

need more

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Tastes ok like wheat pasta. However the quantity in the packet is quite meagre.