Coconut Oil For Radiant Skin, A Supercharged Metabolism And – um- A Stretchier You!

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH REVIEWS on Jul 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Cosmopolitan magazine recently quoted the Australian SUPERMODEL MIRANDA KERR (wife of actor Orlando Bloom) as saying that coconut oil was the key to her clear skin, lustrous hair and svelte figure. “I’ve been drinking it since I was 14 and it’s the one thing I can’t live without,” quotes Cosmo. “I will not go a day without coconut oil. I personally take four tablespoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in my cups of green tea.” I have a few relatives who lost a few pounds after taking coconut oil for one to two months. To see what other health/beauty products I have purchased and reviewed, please check out my page SEEKING-HEALTH.

One of the best organic coconut oils on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Apr 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Not only does this coconut oil tastes great, but it's packed with health benefits and can be used both internally and externally. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient oil also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut oil can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut oil both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

algae

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

after my 1st bottle of Nutiva coconut oil, decided to try this Artisana brand. As stated on the label, no refrigeration is require. Have been taking this daily until this morning, i took up the whole bottle to wipe the table and to my horror, saw green algae floating in it, with crumbs of whitish coconut. How in the world did that greenish stuff get into the oil ? :( even thou this oil smells much better, i am sorry to say i will not be purchasing it anymore. Totally put me off and i threw away the whole bottle. Now ordering from Nutiva again :(

Huge difference in product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

On my most recent purchase, the item is listed as "extra virgin" in my cart and order list. However, this item is definitely NOT "extra virgin". On my first purchase of this item, it was listed as "extra virgin" and i did receive the actual product. The taste and quality is one of the best among the other brands i have tried. It is light and refreshing, with a really beautiful fragrance and taste, the epitome of how natural goodness should be. However, on my second purchase, which is also listed as "extra virgin" in my cart and order list, instead, i received only the "virgin" bottles, which taste like a thicker, yet diluted in fragrance and taste version. The bottles look exactly the same as the first one i had received, but i noticed the a very small difference in the label. The tiny words, "extra virgin" were missing in the corner. Why would my cart and order list it as "extra virgin" when its not? I was mislead into thinking i was getting the same product i have been purchasing... In short, this item, which is NOT extra virgin, is a thicker, yet watered down version of the actual extra virgin item, so pls take note before you buy this especially when u have been buying the extra virgin version and think this item is exactly the same, it is NOT! Iherb should have clarified the difference in the listing...

Delicious!

Posted by vafa33 on Aug 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

yummy Bounty

Artisana Organic Coconut Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Love this product and have been buying for years. It is a bit more expensive than it's competitors (have tried some, not all) however, I always go back to Artisana.

dries clear!

Posted by quinlincecelia on Apr 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

You know a coconut oil is high quality when it's clear and not murky. This stuff is so good!!!!

Very good quality.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Have been ordering buying it for a while now and it is very good quality oil.

Simply the Best Raw Coconut Oil

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jan 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Living in the tropics and having tasted fresh coconut right from the tree, this is the best it can get. The taste and aroma is perfect. This oil is too good to be used for cooking. Eat it raw as a butter or health supplement in anti-candida, anti-yeast, anti-parasite, and weight-loss program. This is 100% oil. Artisana produces another coconut butter that includes coconut flesh; it contains 2g of protein and 2g of sugar in one serving. Look for the same product name, without "Extra Virgin". That one is cheaper and even more delicious than this one, ideal for replacing dairy cream in home-made ice-cream!

Tastes good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Other than it tasting like coconuts, I do NOT see any miraculous benefits of coconut oil. Sorry. I was disappointed that it really didn't do ANYTHING for any of my many health issues. I am giving it another shot as it is supposed to reduce belly fat - especially in post-menopausal women like me. This will be the LAST time I try it however. Also note : the packaging was ghastly - they did NOT tighten the lid, and it is 100+ degrees here. Nearly an inch of the oil had poured OUT into the packaging when it arrived. It did not re-harden without refrigeration. Not sure what effect it will have on the quality of the product. Do NOT buy in warm months !!