Posted by iHerb Customer on January 18 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good product that works inestinal regulating traffic and keeping blood sugar in check, being a great prebiotic. Tip: take it 10 minutes before eating diluted in water, yogurt or Kefir. Thanks from Spain.

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 1 2014 | Verified Purchase

A cheap way to increase good gut bacteria through the high resistant starch content.

Gave me my life back

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 12 2015 | Verified Purchase

Crohns sufferer, who started supplementing with this aside from other sources of resistent starch. My disease seems to have become a thing of the past

Potato starch and blood sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 11 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been testing this "resistant starch" product for the past 2.5 weeks to help blood sugar and insulin resistance. So far, it seems to be helping with blood sugar control, and I expect more progress over time. If you run a similar experiment, be sure and use PS with COLD water so it is not digested as a regular carb. I also ordered inulin(prebiotic) to take with the potato starch, as they seem to work together in the body.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 5 2011 | Verified Purchase

Perfect quality and excellent result when cooking. I use it mostly for simple and fast desserts that are very popular in Eastern Europe. Boil water with your favorite jam or juice (it can be also dried fruits boiled in water, anything that you like), add sugar and when boiling add potato starch previously dissolved in small amount of cold water (depending on the amount of water, 1-3 tablespoons of starch). Mix quickly until you get the desired thickness and wait for the first bubble from boiling. Eat hot or cold with milk or whipped cream.

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 7 2014 | Verified Purchase

great RS supp.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 12 2010 | Verified Purchase

I not only use this in my gluten free bread and cake products, I also use this to thicken stews and soups. It is usually interchangable with cornstarch. If you want twice the thickening power, use tapioca starch. I do find this very nice to make cream puffs and eclairs, instead of wheat flour. The reason is, you do not have to pull out doughy mass in the middle of the puff (what you have to do with wheat flour puffs), as it all bakes up nice all the way through with a nice hollow in the center for filling. For wheat eaters, if you use some with your wheat flour, substitute some wheat flour with the starch, it will greatly lighten up your cakes and breads. For those who use gluten free flours, sift in with your rice flour and other starches as this makes it easier to measure accurately and mix better.

Love Bob's Red Mill

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

Always go to Bob for my Gluten Free flours. They are finely ground and certified GF

Leaky bag

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 1 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good product and ground extremely fine and absolutely clean. I used it as part of an all purpose gluten free flour. The bag was not properly sealed at the factory so I gave it only five stars. I ordered this same product from another distributor of Bobs Mill and it had the same leaky bag. The bags apparently are not air tight so I empty them into a mason jar and suck out all the air, otherwise it makes quite a mess in the cupboard.

Great alternative to eggs

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 24 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love this product as an egg replacement. I am vegan and one teaspoon of potato starch in cooking replaces one egg. I have used it in baking and all food types have been successful even baked soy/almond puddings.