sorghum flour as a substitute for rice flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Sorghum flour is an exact 1-to-1 replacement for rice flour in my gluten-free baking without the grit. Sugar cookies turned out very well. I just made a cake using the sorghum so I don't know how it turned out yet.

Good Quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good Quality and Taste, packaging was also good, as well as shipping.

GF baking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great help in gluten free baking. I have never tried sorghum before.

My new flour!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The sweet taste of sorghum makes it perfect to use in pancakes. Some eggs, a banana - and you have a superb breakfast pancake! The banana makes the pancake more juicy. They may be made without any fat or moist but gets a litle dry. Good price from a good company.

Gluten-free staple

Posted by PracticalHealth on Jul 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This sorghum flour makes gluten-free blends taste amazing (especially with a little coconut flour mixed in). I would like to use it more often, but for economists like me, the price is prohibitive, since you have to use so much of it at a time. I would like to find a good source of the whole grains and grind them myself.

Great for rolls

Posted by Kaidamaz on Oct 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Used this to make dinner rolls along with almond flour and coconut flour and they were delicious!

Good...wish alternative flours weren't so pricey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I make my own GF all-purpose flour as I don't like tapioca flour that is in nearly all the gf flours. This sorghum flour works great ; I like it a lot. Wish the alternative flours weren't expensive; only small issue. Bob's Red Mill = very trustworthy company. I am seriously allergic to gluten and I trust their products.

Good for inflamatory conditions

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have mast cell activation issues and a big inflamatory condition and this flour does not trigger any inflamatory response at all. I like it ! And the taste is quite good.

Interesting flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This flour comes with a unique flavour, but you will need xanthan gum if you would like your baked products to hold better.

Works in glutenfree baking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Seems that this works well in glutenfree baking. Only asking, is it possible to get this flour whole grain flour instead of white flour?

1 2