The MAIN BASE of nutritional health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I start every morning with this, and have done for the past five years. At age 70 my health is perfect according to my doctor, better even than today's teenagers. I credit this mainly to a steady intake of GreenFood. This "Perfect Food" product is among the best and is affordably priced.

Outstanding natural energy and health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Look at the ingredients list! Just awesome. I work, in part, as a naturapathic therapist, and this is one of the products I recommend most to patients. For $54 you get two months supply of extraordinary "goodness". Funny, old fashioned word to use, but there is none better to describe it. Plus it gives great, almost instant, energy. If I am at a loss what to prescribe, then this - and also the Garden of Life Living Multi - are my staples. The combination of super foods is without compare. I have never come accross a mix of superfoods that is better. This has amino acids, natural fatty acids, rich in RNA and other cell supports, chock full of antioxidants, phytochemicals, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. And all as nature (or God) intended. You can scour the net and read hundreds of reviews recommending other green foods. But this is the one I ALWAYS come back to as the quality and quantity and variety is so high. There is simply none better. Perfect food for mind and body, indeed.

Great immune booster!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this product for 5 years... before i used it i would get sick several times a year. Since i started using it i've gotten sick Once!!! If I feel stress wearing me down and i get that weird feeling like i could get sick i take 4 doses a day for usually a day and i wake up feeling completely normal again. It's Great!!! My daughter loves this stuff if i mix it with Odwalla Superfood!!! Take into account that i eat healthy and excercise... (but i did that 5 years ago too)

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product uses young gras s juices (more nutrition per mg, without the fibre), different mix of sea plants and fermentation whole food (highly bioavailable). The product is also organic and does not use cheaper filler like lecithin, apple pectin. Not that they are bad, it is just that they are not value for money. There isn’t a lot of vegetables juice (18 vegetables totalling 200mg only) or probiotics (1 billion is quite low and that is at the time of manufacture). The taste is quite light and easy to take. It mixes easily with a blender bottle. It is sweetened with stevia and not overdone (a lot of green drink has too much stevia). I think the product is somewhat misleading as it claims ’45 phytonutrient dense superfoods’. 95% of the weight is based on 25 foods and the remaining 5% is distributed among the other 20 foods. You do the maths! I think what ruins the product is that it uses flow agent, magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Pricewise, it is fairly reasonable. Check out my page for more reviews!

Makes a huge difference for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used this for several months now and really feel the difference when I forget it for a few days. I usually mix it with a scoop of Garden of Life's Goatein in water (and recently have added a scoop of Corvalen) for an ultimate morning drink that has really helped to increase my energy and eliminate most of my Fibromyalgia symptoms. I am much stronger against all the bugs out there when I am consistent with it. I've noticed that the Goatein mixes in better if the water is not cold.

Long-Time Favorite.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product (and a lot of others from Garden of Life) continue to be on the top of my list for quality and nutritional protocols. Word to the wise: Ease in with this product - it is loaded with probiotics, which can lead to some physical uncomfortableness if you don't allow your digestive system to gradually acclimate to the presence of new and healthy intestinal flora.

Warning for those with Candida!

Posted by AlexPrimus on Apr 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I got this because of all the great reviews and expected a high quality greens product (which I definitely got). I didn't take too seriously the natural probiotics in this but luckily I saw some reviews suggesting to start very slowly with 1/8 the recommended dosage (1 teaspoon). I was really lucky that I followed this but even at that dosage I noticed a HUGE herxheimer reaction. Within 5 to 10 minutes of just that teaspoon in some water I started to feel very nauseated and dizzy. In my stubbornness thinking this thing can't be causing this kind of a reaction that fast at such a low dosage I took one more teaspoon later that day and things got much worse. It basically took me about 2 to 3 days for the healing reactions to get better. It should be noted that I have a very bad Candida problem (or I should say had thanks to products like this). For those like me you are better off with 1/4 teaspoon twice daily (at separate times) for several days or even a week before increasing. For those looking to get rid of Candida you can include these: magnesium oxide, and molybdenum. Mix one teaspoon of magnesium oxide powder with 2 teaspoons of any acid (lemon or ACV) in water. Drink on an empty stomach and prepare to be going to the bathroom for several hours to come. That is possibly the best digestive system cleanse possible! It helped to clear out a ton of junk out of my body and helped me heal faster. The Molybdenum is also key to neutralizing the primary toxin that Candida die-off releases. That toxin floods the liver and is the main reason for all the nausea and sickness that you feel. With molybdenum it goes right to the liver and converts all those toxins.

Excellent product of its kind

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Because of the sprouting of the greens and grains and adding probiotics with several strains of bifidus I find this product superior to the several others I have tried. Very digestible to grain or gluten intolerant people and anyone healing from candida yeast/mold overgrowth.

San Diego, Ca

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great nutritional support when you can't eat all the greens needed in a day. (I have immune system difficiencies) Great for trips. I can stay on track with my diet and my health holds up much better. When I am acutely sick, I take the product several times a day and can feel the energy returning.

Love me some greens!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These greens have literally changed my life. I have greatly improved my health through the introduction of superfoods to meet the vitamin and mineral needs of my body. I'll never go back to traditional drugs to meet the needs of my body. I'm amazed at the difference that superfoods has made in my health.