AUD

Contains magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014

This product contains magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide. Even though these ingredients aren't some dangerous carcinogens, they can still be pretty harmful. Magnesium stearate is a lubricant used to prevent capsules from sticking to each other or the equipment being used, which creates a biofilm in the body and blocks the body from absorbing the necessary nutrients. Silicon dioxide can lower blood sugar and is dangerous for people suffering from diabetes, can lead to thiamin (vitamin B1) deficiency and dehydration and dangerously low pota ssium levels, if taken with diuretics. Overall, this product is not that bad, but there are better probiotics out there.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Other than overwhelming the ‘bad’ bacteria in numbers, the ‘good’ bacteria are also known to produce 90% of our daily need of vitamin B complex, vitamin K, enzymes to digest food and boost our immunity. This product contains 8 strains of probiotics though 80% of the 30 billion CFU are split equally among the 2 well-known strains - Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis. It is good to have as many strains of probiotics as pos sible as each strain works differently. Note that it is shelf stable at 70 °F or 21 °C so any higher in temperature will require refrigeration. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. This product also does not contain any prebiotics (food for probiotics to grow) and you might want to supple that too. Any important point to note is that it does not state whether it is 30 billion CFU at time of manufacture or 30 billion CFU at time of expiration date. This is important as probiotics are live and died over time as well. Considering that 99% of probiotics products is the former, I would as sume that this is the former as well. You might get bloating, gas or diarrhea initially as the bacteria compete for space. ‘Bad bacteria’ tends to release toxins when they die. The benefits of using probiotics are long term so it is highly recommended to buy a bigger size for use. Check out my page for more reviews!

they are dead

Posted by 4982528369319055790 on Jan 24, 2016

I've try to make a yogurt and after 2 days the milk didn't change.... I made that experiment with NOW - the same result it worked only with California Gold Nutrition, LactoBif Probiotics, 5 Billion CFU, 10 Veggie Caps (CGN-00964) Even though they say fridge is not needed, it is need!

effective and no refrigeration

Posted by nutranut on Jun 02, 2013

I normally use a product that requires refrigeration. I have been very satisfied with it. However, I have been reading that it is a good idea to take a variety of probiotics. So, I decided to try this particular brand. I believe it works quite well. The fact that you don't need to refrigerate it is very convenient. If I travel or wish to take my supplement at different times, I can carry it with me without any problems. I plan on ordering a full-size bottle when my current probiotic is gone. If you travel or carry supplements with you, this is a good brand to use.

healthy???

Posted by AmericanDreamCatcherInc on Nov 30, 2013

contains magnesium stearate will not use this product disappointed not interested in killing my T-cells

YESSS! Huge difference!

Posted by healthydoesit on Oct 10, 2013

I gave these to my sister who suffers from IBS. She cannot eat without having to run to the bathroom right away. It doesn't matter what the food is, she cannot stomach it. After learning so much about probiotics this past year, I ordered these as a free item sample on one of my orders. I told her to just try them for 7 days and see if she tolerates them ok. Well, after the second day she was already less bloated and taking less trips to the bathroom! By day 4 she could eat and not worry about being near a restroom. On day 5, she ordered a full bottle for herself. She can't believe what an easy fix it was for her IBS. The doctors kept running more teats and giving meds That did nothing to help and only caused more symptoms. I'm so glad she gave these a try! Thank You Iherb for offering them as a free sample! Take a look at my page to see over 100 real reviews from products I've purchased and tested here at Iherb!

Good

Posted by Reviewer1152715 on Apr 24, 2013

Excellent product but it is cheaper in the long run (per tablet) to buy the 60 vcap container.

don't buy

Posted by Reviewer2222423 on May 08, 2012

the combination of 30 billion and the size of the box leads you to believe you are buying 30 capsules. You are NOT. 7 capsules in a big bottle. Misleading is the term!!! A waste of packaging as well.

Very good

Posted by klinacz on May 28, 2015

I will surely order a full package. Probiotics are very important for every part of our health and they helped me a lot. I totally recommend this product, however I would prefer enteric coated capsules.

Probiotics

Posted by Reviewer3092830 on Mar 27, 2012

From Norway Did not notice any difference.