You still have a question - what is it?

Posted by Amber on Dec 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Astaxanthin is a red, fat-soluble pigment found in seaweed, yeast, salmon, trout, shrimps and in the organisms of certain birds. Unlike some other carotinoids, Astaxanthin doesn't increase vitamin A in the human body. Excessive amounts of vitamin A can be hazardous to one’s health, but it doesn't occur due to Astaxanthin. Research shows that Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant - 100 times stronger than vitamin E. It protects our bodies from the free radicals. Astaxanthin is the main antioxidant that protects our bodies against acid stress and presenilation. Morevover, it has other positive effects on the human body, such as the improvement of the condition of our skin and sight, increase in muscular force and endurance, and strengthening of blood vessels. Is it possible to use Astaksantin with diabetes? Yes, it is. Tests show that Astaxanthin restores the production of insulin and reduces blood sugar levels. Does Astaxanthin has any effects on the aging of the skin? Yes, it does. Changes are caused by mimic muscular activity, skin moisture loss, and damage of cages by ultraviolet rays, irregular diets, smoking, stress, bad environmental conditions etc. UVA and UVB beams are the most harmful to our skin. UVA penetrates our skin, damaging collagen fiber that gives the skin its elasticity. It causes wrinkles. Rays of UVB affects the top layer of our skin and causes burns. Astaxanthin works in two ways: protects cellular membranes and elasticity fibers from free radicals and neutralizes the free radicals received by ultraviolet rays. Why is it recommended to take Astaxanthin after meals, and not before? It doesn’t matter whether you will take it after the breakfast or lunch. Since it’s a fat-soluble substance, Astaxanthin, also needs fat which is crucial for its absorption. A single capsule of Astaxanthin contains the maximum quantity of fat necessary for its 100% absorption. Therefore if you take a capsule of Astaxanthin before meal, it will have the same effect, it will be completely absorbed into your body. How long can you keep on taking Astaxantin? One capsule contains as much Astaxanthin as a single portion of wild salmon. As Astaxanthin is a natural product, it can be used continuously throughout one’s life-span. In order to experience any noticable results, any vitamins or antioxidants should be taken every 2 weeks at least. If after a long time of consumption you’ll stop taking Astaxanthin, its positive effects will last for the next 2 months because of its fat-soluble formula and because it tends to accumulate in cell membranes.

The most powerful antioxidant in the world?

Posted by alloriginal on Nov 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I bought this as an all-purpose antioxidant. I've used it at lower doses (4 mg) in the past, and believe that its usefullness as an antioxidant is probably understated. It supposedly protects against wrinkles, and I know from experience that it increases the amount of time neccessary for a sunburn. I decided to up the ante, so to speak, and try the 12 mg BioAstin product about 5 years ago. I take one each day with my largest meal. I noted with some surprise, after about three weeks, that the lower back pain which had plagued me for 10 years had disappeared! Please note that I added Doctor's Best Hyaluronic Acid to my regimen at the same time; perhaps the benefits I experienced were attributable to both. I have a physically demanding job as a pet store manager which requires me to be on my feet all day, often lifting very heavy weights, so the constant pain and soreness was really hindering me. After two bottles had been exhausted I accidentally ran out. The back pain mysteriously returned after a few days. I then determined that I would never run out again! Several days after receiving my new bottle, my back was as good as new! I don't know for a fact that the BioAstin astaxanthin was the culprit, and I don't know that it would do the same for anyone else, but I know this: I don't intend to ever be out of this! The Jarrow formula works just as well; Jarrow is an excellent company with hundreds of outstanding products. Click my user name--alloriginal--to learn from my decades of research and experimentation, and share the information with your family, friends and coworkers. Good health!

Helps against inflamation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good product, strongest I have found. Also gives my skin a somewhat fresh color.

Beware of Side Effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Bought this looking for a good antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It gave me headaches a few days after taking it. Just to make sure I stopped taking it for a week then started again....yup, still gave me headaches. Seeing as I hardly ever get headaches, I think I will steer clear of this. Too bad, what a waste!

Awesome!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

really good product although dont know whether its harvested naturally or pharma extracted but still really good :)

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These takes time to work..started with a low dose and upped it..My skin is softer especially my elbows ! which is were you check if nutrition comes thru..Hope they work as an internal sunscreen too as we had a very short winter here in Australia.

Great antioxidant/great tan!

Posted by abetterway on Feb 01, 2018 | Verified Purchase

This product is a potent antioxidant, so it helps to reduce free radicals in the body, and it also functions as an internal sunscreen, so it helps to prevent sunburn. I have found that my skin tans better and it gives it a lovely golden colour when I do venture out in the sun for a bit.

Super Antioxidans

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I feel very good, less stressed with more energy and it helps with my back pain condition. Additional I use it for my eyes. Great for sport.

Helps with inflammation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Take one every day to help keep chronic inflammation at bay

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good product