My cat absolutely loves this in his raw food

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

For 3 years now I've been supplementing about 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. in my cat's 1/4 lb. raw, organic daily portion. He's a big, strong, ripply-muscled, 11 lb., 6 yr old half-wild Maine Coon who eats plenty of vitamin/mineral rich, whole, wild forest rodents almost daily. So, I mainly use the brewer's yeast for bug control rather than vitamin/mineral supplementation. The brewer's yeast keeps the fleas off and worms away. I think it might even repel the forest tics, since they don't seem to like him very well=when I find a tic on him, it's crawling around but doesn't attach (I always thoroughly comb and check him before he comes inside for my own protection from whatever he might carry in on his fur). Sometimes, just for curious experiment and further validation, I'll leave the brewer's yeast out of his food for a few days to a week to see if it really makes the difference in flea, tic and bug control; and I discover that when I leave it out, I find a flea or 2 jumping around on his white fur. Then, I start adding the brewer's yeast to his food daily again, and=no more fleas or tree bugs in his ears (it helps with the tiny reddish-brown tree bugs that cats can sometimes pick up from wild oak trees and scrub). My cat loves the taste and even asks for it by staring determinedly at me while cat-blink winking if I leave it out of his food. Great stuff! Four stars because this particular brewer's yeast does not claim to be non-gmo. The "Nutritional Yeast" is non-gmo, not this brewer's yeast.

My cats love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought it for my cats because I don't want to put any chemical on them to prevent fleas. I read a lot of articles saying that adding Brewer's Yeast to their food can keep fleas away. I just add 1 teaspoon in each of the cats' bowl everyday and they LOVE the taste!

Good :)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Good quality, Non GMO important for me, best price, but if you dont like beer taste or smell, you will have problem. I mean it has strong taste so you must find a way to cover the taste with milk, or juice or many fruits in a blender. Otherwise with water is extremely hard to drink. The taste of burn, and the smell of beer makes it too hard. Unless you like beer generally so it wont be a problem for you. 4 stars cause i know this company make good products, for the price and effectiveness:) minus 1 star cause the strong taste.

Lovely, authentic bitter taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

We've tried all the brewers yeast in powdered form from iherb and this one wins hands down. The bitterness is good as I recognise that bitter foods in general are very good for health, particularly for your liver and kidneys. Thanks for a genuine product.

Ms.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great product. Give to my dog to avoid fleas & ticks. It works.

Flea Terminator

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I give this to my dogs to help fight off fleas. We have been using it for about one month now, letting it build up in their systems. I am hopeful it will help avoid the infestation of fleas we have been experiencing without treating my dogs (and cats) with pesticides. My parents used it on their dogs and many people have had great success so I am hopeful.

Terrible!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Taste is awful, no way eatable. And I think it contains gluten. I use it for pesticide,poisoning snails in garden. For that it works wery well.

No more fleas

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this as a supplement for my cats - It keeps fleas away. I sprinkle about 1/3 tsp it on their food daily. My cats like the flavor, too.

now foods brewer's yeast, debittered, 1 ib.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am giving the brewer's yeast to my cat's for the control of fleas. just a sprinkle in thier food. it has worked really well. the product was shipped to me quickly and the price was very good. i am very satisfied.

Not for persons

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The flavor is horrible, not comparable with other brewer's yeast, I don't recommend it for persons, maybe for pets.