Every morning and every afternoon

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 23 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using it for over a year. Terrific product that wards off sugar spikes. Add half a teaspoon to any kind of drink (I personally prefer stinging nettle tea) and immediately stir in three or four drops of liquid stevia. Wait three minutes and the drink will thicken to the texture of a milk shake. As a semi-solid, it's easier to ingest using a spoon. Once the pasty glucomannan enters your stomach and lines the walls, it becomes a barrier that prevents a rapid breakdown of simple starches (like breads and pastries) into sugar and slows absorption of sugar into the blood stream. Graphically your sugar spikes will stop looking like icicles and start looking like soft, rolling putting greens.

Great supplement

Posted by EricaFaith on April 27 2012 | Verified Purchase

Glucomannan did help keep me full longer and I was less hungry while taking it. I would take it about 30 minutes before i ate anything, especially a high carb meal, and I feel it helped balance my blood sugars. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with insulin resistance. I felt so much better after I started taking this, it definitely helped my insulin resistance.

Excellent product!

Posted by ShelleyP on August 15 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is great! It will help fill you up if you take with water before a meal - don't leave it sit in the water as it will get very thick, you want to drink it down quickly. I also add a bit to my lunch smoothie as I like them a bit thicker, and this also helps keep you satisfied. If you have any constipation problems, it will help keep you regular as well. I prefer buying it in this powder form as it's much more economical.

Best product

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 4 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is an amazing thickener. Great replacement for cornstarch and other thickners. I feel much better when I use this, and am less bloated!

Great thickener!

Posted by AnnaLL on June 29 2012 | Verified Purchase

I LOVE this product!!! I use it as a thickener in sauces, soup etc. Low calorie, low carb, high in fiber; perfect!

Fantastic Product - Great in every way

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am eating the low carb way. I don't want to feel deprived, so I had to find a way to tweak the foods I love, to become low carb - enter Glucomannan. This product adds bulk/thickness/similarity, to my tweaked recipes. I love it so much. I live in the UK, where its impossible to find these products and when you do, you pay a king's ransom. iherb has made it possible to get these great products at little postage costs. Where would I be without iherb. An excellent company, selling excellent products. Thank you.

Works as intended.

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 16 2014 | Verified Purchase

This powder stops uptake of carbs and thereby prohibit bloodsugar spikes and also has a laxative effect - helps reducing weight. I mix a teaspoon powder with half a glas of water by using a Milk Frother and drink it immediately - otherwise it becomes an undrinkable gel in a minute.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 23 2013 | Verified Purchase

i'm using this product to make recipes from trim healthy mama. it makes very filling, non-fattening puddings, smoothies, etc. lots of the recipes are on pinterest too (search thmamas). some of the poor reviews say that glucc is sticky or gross or otherwise inedible but my experience is the opposite. maybe they just need to try some new recipes? great price, cant beat the 4$ shipping to canada, thanks iherb! :)

awesome product

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 27 2015 | Verified Purchase

I use this instead of flour or cornstarch to make gravy and sauces. It has NO calories. If you use a little it goes a long way.

Excellent choice for diabetes plus slim diet bonus!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 9 2014 | Verified Purchase

I add 1 tsp of this powder to 1/4 cup of juice and wait 1 minute. Voila! My favorite konjac pudding is so good in controlling my glucose level which was hard to tame. Strongly recommend to other diabetics! Even bonus effect of losing weight can be seen.