For those who don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil--or have allergies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Coconut oil is probably the healthiest oil you can cook with. (Extra virgin olive oil is healthy but ideally should be eaten cold, eg in salads, and the other vegetable/polyunsaturated oils should be avoided like the plague, contrary to what the so-called experts tell you! Saturated fats from pastured animals are the only other source of fat that should be used for cooking as they, like coconut oil, can be heated to high temperatures without degrading.) Anyway, if you're interested in coconut oil then I am probably already preaching to the converted :-) Normally you'd avoid a refined oil, but this one has the advantage of retaining all the health benefits while removing the odour/taste of coconut. (There are some dishes, such as meat and scrambled eggs, where I just don't like the taste of coconut.) Plus, if you're a follower of Ray Peat's iconoclastic thinking, you'll already be aware that refined coconut oil removes (naturally occurring) impurities that cause allergies in some people. So if the virgin coconut oil doesn't appeal to you, because you don't like the taste/smell of coconut or it doesn't agree with you, then this is the one to use. BTW Nutiva makes the best coconut oil, whether refined or virgin.

Awesome size for beauty and cooking.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Love the smell of coconut but sometimes a girl needs a break. In my home it has many uses: * Makeup removal * Body scrub w. Sugar * Bath oil/After Shower oil * Baking/Grilling/Frying(great on the FGrill and popped corn) * Spa day(castor oil, c oil and a warm wash rag on face until it cools). Moisturize feet before soaking in water...so soft! *Hair conditioner, hair dress and strengther(mixed with castor oil). I use commercial products less. * Mani/Pedis. *etc

I love this coconut oil!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Coconut oil is always a good addition to any house hold. You can cook with it, very healthy to do so. I also use it as a body lotion, especially for arms and legs, and I also do oil pulling with it to keep my gums and teeth healthy. And I know there are many more uses for it. This is my main use for it. Give it a try! Good size, it's organic and good price too!

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is great for general cooking and oil-pulling, as it does not have a coconut taste. The 680 ml jar is excellent value. I wish the jar was easier to open, though. The lid has no grip at all, and I struggle every time I try to open it. I have bought an oil jar to decant the oil into, as I dread the day the whole jar slips and crashes onto the floor. 1 star less for this reason.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was sold on this product and my neighbor had me by this jar for her!

Great Product

Posted by HolisticWomen on Sep 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I really love this refined oconut oil as you cannot taste the coconut flavour so perfect for cooking. Unike other manufacturers they use a process that does not make this oil bad for you. would recommend!

Coconut oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great product and is as expected.

Good Coconut Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this to make popcorn on the stove. It has a high smoking point, meaning it doesn't burn. This is the flavorless oil, so my popcorn doesn't taste like coconuts. But, that wouldn't be such a bad thing either. This jar goes a long way, I'm only halfway through and it's been well over a year. Would buy again.

!!!!!!