this is not a true henna product

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 14 2011 | Verified Purchase

Read the last few ingredients on the box: HC blue 2, HC yellow 4, HC red 3, disperse black 9. These are hair colors - chemicals. This is NOT the natural product it claims to be.

The Best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 19 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am a dark brunette with a LOT of gray constantly popping through, so i use this produdt once a week to keep the gray hidden and it conditions my hair beautifully at the same time. If I were using a traditional hair dye, my hair would be fried, I'd be loaded w/ toxic chemicals, not to mention the damage to the environment. The formula works perfectly (no dripping), plus the cost is also very reasonable. I couldn't live without this product!

Surya Henna

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 20 2010 | Verified Purchase

I loved this hair color, it would have been too red if I didn't mix it with a bit of dark brown. The company doesn't seem to make a medium brown so it's best to buy their light brown and dark brown and mix them. very nice color....will never go back to chemicals.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 2 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. No harsh smells, covers evenly (trying to cover the gray...30 is too young to go gray!)and the chocolate color henna cream turns the gray hairs a dark auburn color. I use 1x per month, and squeak by with 2 treatments from one bottle. Would highly recommend it. A good, thrifty non-chemical-laden product.

This one's a keeper!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had decided to give up coloring my hair for good, since I couldn't find a product without lots of harmful chemicals. But when my husband subtly suggested that I should do something about my grays, I decided to search for something natural to color it with. I had used henna powder in the past with good results, but the process was extremely messy! While the gloppy green mixture was on my head it looked like Big Bird had flown over my head and had an accident. It was hard to rinse out too. Totally different with Surya Henna-as easy as cream haircolor, no bad smell, and left my hair amazingly soft and shiny. Will definitely keep using this and recommend it to anyone who colors their hair.

I like it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 23 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like it very much! My hair as a silk after using it.

Easy to Use

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 3 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've used henna for years and used many different brands. This is definitely the easiest to apply -- so easy! However, I now have a larger percentage of gray hair, so it didn't really work the way I had hoped. I have basic brown hair and used the chocolate color. My gray hair turned a copper color. I tried touching it up again to get more of a brown color, but just brighter copper. Beware that any gray may turn a strange color! They do supply color charts to help you, but I didn't get the results they suggested with the color.

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 5 2014 | Verified Purchase

I first used the Surya Chocolate and Copper together. One tablespoon each, stirred around and followed the directions as stated, wash hair, towel dry, left on for 1 hour, etc. It did not cover my gray very well, so 3 weeks later I used just the chocolate on dry hair and left on for 1 hour 20 minutes. The hour probably would have been long enough. It worked perfectly. Forgot to condition it, but by the time it was dry, it looked and felt conditioned anyway. I love this hair coloring. Next time I'm trying chocolate and red together.

This one's for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've never been one to color my hair but one day decided to try. I chose this brand because of the ingredients, how they are natural. I have allergies to a lot of hair products and was concerned about this one. To my delight, it is very gentle, no itchy or burning side effects! Better yet, I love the color and how it covered the gray. Everyone asked me if I had highlighted my hair. Nope, just one application (1/2 bottle) for 30-min and it's beautiful. I love the way it lasts also, it looks natural they way it fades and doesn't leave a blunt "line" along the hairline.

Surya Henna Hair Color

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 2 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm still experimenting with colors in my range but so far it's awesome....Shine is outrageous! I think when I get more comfortable with the way it is different from traditional coloring I am going to go a little wild with color... I fall somewhere between chocolate and light brown...It colors grey excelently and the condition is so good...I wish I had discovered Surya a long time ago...