Surprisingly better than the rose one.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After using the rose water one for so long I gave this one a try just because the rose one was oos at the moment. I have to say that I liked this one much more. Moistens my skin more & longer than the rose one with the same cleansing action. I'll be buying the lavender one again. Z fom PR

great stuff

Posted by ledenec on Aug 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

better than rose toner for my skin

This toner is amazing..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have the most sensitive skin in the world. I haven't been able to find anything that won't break me out. I thought I would try this after reading the reviews. Awesome! No breakouts and the dry, flakiness is gone. I don't even need moisturizer. My skin has this glow I've never had before- clean, balanced skin. Get this toner!

contains alcohol even if not specified in the ingredients list

Posted by DianaTA on Jul 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Got this toner, making sure it doesn't contain alcohol (unlike many other Thayers' toners, check the ingredients list carefully) and was pretty happy about it till I've read this review on Witch Hazel extract on Paula's Choice... I do take it to a limited extent, since her agenda has never been "Natural/Herbal/Green/Sustainable", but still, it's kind of hard to ignore what seems to be research supported... "Witch hazel’s high tannin content (tannin is a potent antioxidant) can also make it irritating if used repeatedly on skin because it constricts blood flow. The bark of the witch hazel plant has a higher tannin content than the leaves. Producing witch hazel water by steam distillation removes the tannins, but the plant’s astringent qualities are what most believe give it benefit. Alcohol is added during the distillation process, the amount typically being 14–15%. Witch hazel water is distilled from all parts of the plant; therefore, you never know exactly what you’re getting, although the alcohol content remains. Depending on the form of witch hazel, you’re exposing your skin either to an irritating amount of alcohol (which causes free-radical damage and collagen breakdown) or to tannins, or both. Moreover, witch hazel contains the fragrance chemical eugenol, which is another source of irritation" So, I really haven't decided yet what to do with this toner. May be I'll just use it ocasionally and not daily. Make your choice, knowing the facts...

GREAT FOR AFTER YOU SHAVE (MEN AND WOMEN)

Posted by HealthNut4ever on Mar 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I found that Thayer's Alcohol-Free Lavender Witch Hazel works wonders for my skin after I shave. My girlfriend also uses after shaves he bikini area and really Loves It! No razor bumps, no ingrown hairs, etc.

Has something changed? Chemical fragrance?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love the Thayers toners like everyone else, but my last bottle of Lavender is affecting my skin strangely. Has the formula changed in some subtle way??? I find that if my skin is at all sensitive this stuff really tingles, even stings. It actually irritates! The Rose and Natural in my cupboard, which have identical formulae barring the scent, are fine and don't do this at all. I have no allergy to Lavender and find real Lavender very soothing, so I do wonder if Thayers have added something less than entirely natural fragrance-wise. It does smell very strong and not quite natural. It's strange because real Lavender is a potent and pleasant scent, so I can't imagine why anyone would want to add a chemical analogue, if that's what they've done. Does anyone know?

I love Thayers no alcohol free

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It is a great facial toner, I use it day and night, and is a soothing refresher during the days you don't wear makeup. The lavender enhances the quality with it's nice scent and it is healing also.

Smells like old lady

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was expecting a true herbal lavender smell, but I believe that possibly the aloe makes it smell quite like a mixed floral. REally don't like it. I love herbal smells, but I don't like old-fashioned 80 year old lady perfume smells.

Can ditch my other toners

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Smells just about the right amount of lavender. Quickly absorbed with a thin layer remains that feels like a moisturising protection. Good with anything that goes on top.

tower came down from a leak in the cap of bottle 爽膚水漏出來了,沒有任何包裝保護措施!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

tower came down from a leak in the cap of bottle. it is not acceptable that they didn't offer any protection or plastic bag to protect the bottle. 爽膚水漏出來了,沒有什麼包裝保護措施!!