AUD

Great for body, horrible for face

Posted by itsbatman on Jul 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is hands down the best body wash I have ever used. I use it with EcoTools Recycled Bath & Shower Gloves, and my skin has never felt better. So soft and smooth. You can really feel the shea butter. As a face wash on the other hand. Worst soap I have ever used. It felt great the first two days. Really great. Like.. "this might be it" great. Face was silky smooth. Until i realized what it really did was add a microfilm of what I think is the shea butter on my entire face, which made my pores clog up like never before, and I got these painful red spots all over both my chins (where I usually never get any outbreaks). 10/10 will buy again as a body wash, but will keep it as far away from my face as I possibly can.

Eileen Wilson

Posted by Reviewer2685869 on Nov 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent moisturizing soap. Best I've ever tried. No skin residue. Non-irritating even for the ederly.

Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap, With Organic Shea Butter

Posted by Reviewer1113890 on Jan 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This soap is very versatile and gentle but I was expecting a great scent and a thicker consistency (from other posts). Instead it is much the same as other liquid castile soap I have used.

Caused me so much blackheads and it smells terrible!

Posted by honestreviews1 on Sep 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Title says it all. I used it as facial wash - lots of blackheads on my nose and forehead afterwards. Used it on my body - lots of blackheads on my back. I used this for sometime, thinking that my skin is just getting used to this, but after two months, it's still the same. So not for me.

Its ok as a soap but i can't stand the smell.

Posted by 4963279444183123189 on Jun 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The smell is just awful, at first its ok but after 2 uses i can't stand it anymore... too sweet. Don't want to gross anyone but it literally smells like sweet puke....

Love it!!

Posted by Reviewer1207577 on Feb 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I stumbled across this product on the website and thought I would give it a try. I love it!!! I have been trying to eliminate many of my chemical-laden body products so this was perfect. I use it as a facial cleanser, body wash and shampoo and I have no complaints about its effectiveness in any of those categories. I will be ordering more.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1473649 on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use it not only for bathing but for shaving as well. Works really well as a shaving cream. Typically I don't even have to use aftershave as there are no razor burns.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Dr Wood soap contains all natural ingredients and it’s very versatile. It does not contains harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does not irritate the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes. This is not the same when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. I have tried the black soap standalone and black soap + shea butter. I prefer the shea butter combination as it helps to moisturize better as well. I have very oily facial skin and one facial wash can last me 4-5 hours before it needs another wash. My facial skin does not dry up when I wash my face frequently. I also use it for shampoo, body wash, shaving, washing clothes, dishes and floor. Basically, it’s an all in one bottle! It’s comparable cheaper than its rival Dr Bronner soap which sells similar soap. Check out my page for more reviews!

Will not buy it again.

Posted by Reviewer1423788 on Nov 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Too liquid and the smell is strong and bad. Does not lather well.

A smell terrible soap!

Posted by 5439232587545212004 on Apr 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It smells terrible like mens cologne plus baby powder. Sorry I cannot stand the smell. It is a good soap if u can stand the smell. I like to read reviews that are usually on the negative side first now because most of the times the items that i brought, which i based on the positive reviews, seldom applies much on me, maybe one or two that someone mention in their reviews but the negative one, most of the times, i experience what they did. Ironic thing is sometimes we had different skin types but still had the same outcomes.