Help

There is no such thing as Pharmaceutical Grade

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Apr 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

According to Consumer Labs, chromatographic analysis of this product (RxOmega-3 Factors) came up far short of their label claims of EPA and DHA despite their marketing statement that it is "one of the highest potencies of EPA and DHA available". In fact, their product only contains 83.3% of the label claims. It is also one of the more expensive ones on the market. Its claims to be "Pharmaceutical Grade", are completely meaningless because the FDA doesn't grade fish oil, so there's no such thing as "Pharmaceutical Grade". When CL published their test results, the manufacturer asked CL to retest with a different independent lab agreeable to both. CL agreed but insisted that the lab report, whatever it may say, would be published unedited. The manufacturer then backed out and refused the test unless the independent report could be redacted or edited. Beware and do your research!. If my review has been helpful to you, please click on the 'yes' link down below. ;)

Low quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The oil inside tastes rancid. Pharmaceutic grade my buttocks!!

Rancid fish burps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Since it had such high reviews, I tried it. I've had cheaper fish oils, but this one is so rancid!! I never get fish burps and I got my first one...and it tasted rancid. Never going to buy it again. I wonder why it's so popular... すごく臭いです・・こんなに臭うフィッシュオイルは初めてです。体に悪そうです・・

Fishy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had other 'Pharmaceutical Grade' fish oil that that was not 'fishy' smelling when I burped. I really cannot take this stuff w/o this happening. My understanding is that is the point of 'pharmaceutical grade.' Not happy. Bought 2 large bottles.

Safe for pregnant mums - No mercury!

Posted by NaturalMum on May 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Whilst this product is a little expensive, its strength is good and mostly importantly safe to use in pregnancy because it seems to be the only fish oil out there that is specifically mercury free! Not that you want to be consuming mercury anyway but one less things for expectant mums to worry about. Since using fish oil my back problems have gradually disappeared and an old knee injury that has always bothered me is noticably better. I've always used fish oil for the effect on my concentration, I notice if I stop taking it I get distracted more easily and my thinking is less sharp. Due to mercury content in most fish oils I didn't take it at the beginning of pregnancy but soon after finding this my "pregnancy brain" all but disappeared!! I highly recommend this supplement Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

worst for burping fish tast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been using fish oil caps for a long time now. I tried this one on a reccomdation of Iherb, found that this is the worst one for burping up fish oil and tast. and cannot get taste out for some time. went back to the Krill fish oil tabs that do not do this nearly as bad or at all. waste of money use the Krill fish oil. unless you like fish oil taste.

Rancid

Posted by Hypatia on Jun 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The capsules seem to consider rancid fish oil. I got fishy burps and cut one open in order to make sure the gelcaps were okay, they were not. I contacted Natural Factors to see if they were willing to take it back or answer my questions, they only referred back to iherb. iherb itself refused to respond to the issue that this product was rancid. I take a different fish oil in liquid form, 1 tsp twice per day with no problems.

Rancid!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this brand for well over a year now -taking 4 per day. I thought it was a great bargain (after using Nordic Naturals). I've started to notice more and more unpleasant "fishy burps". I bit into a capsule and it smelled and tasted horrible! This is rancid! (google rancid fish oil). I can't believe I have been putting this into my body. It took 2 washings to get the smell off my hand. It was THAT bad.

I think everybody should take fish oil or something similar for brain and cardiovascular health

Posted by GoodDay-MORE-REVIEWS-HERE on Apr 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

For brain peak performance, sharp memory, cardiovascular health, etc. I think everybody should take good quality fish oil or similar products unless you have access to clean uncontaminated deep ocean oily fish that is low in mercury and other pollutants. Never eat farmed fish which are fed with antibiotics,growth hormones and synthetic "nutrients". After I finish Natural Factors I may try a different brand. In addition to fish oil, I am also taking spirulina, nattokinase and CocoCardio and I have written reviews for these products as well. You are welcome to check them out on my product review page (good-day).

Top quality fish oil!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is one of the few fish oil products that are pharmaceutical grade (top quality). I use this brand now that I am pregnant. I find that fish oil helps me a lot with my mood, my menstrual cycle and also (most importantly) with my skin and hair! I believe it's kind of a magic pill! Click on my username for more reviews. If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.