Help

Excellent product to lower stress

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product right before Christmas. My in-laws always raise my blood pressure and stress me out, so I took these all day Christmas Eve and by the time I had to go to the in-laws on Christmas evening I was able to cope with them very well. I wasn't tired or sedated, things just didn't upset me the way they normally did. I was just more relaxed and able to let things go. I really needed this product!

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

a much smaller dose is required than with the artificial form of GABA. Best overal results when taken at night.

Wonderful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product is amazing. Taken by someone who has high anxiety/agitation. ThePharmaGaba is immediately noticible without making you tired, just more relaxed and able to think sharper. Truly amazing

Absolutely best form of GABA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

PharmaGaba is by far the best form of Gaba.It definitely has much more effect on the mind than normal Gaba.The first few doses felt like I had taken a prescription sedative. Well worth the extra cost over normal gaba.

Answer to a prayer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is wonderful. I had almost forgotten what it is like to feel calm and focused. I've already order this product for family members. Try it. You'll be glad you did.

Wonderful peace of mind

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Received info on this product with one of my orders. Experience daily head pain due to accident. Can't take prescription meds due to allergic reactions. Have changed diet and added exercise, but hard to avoid stress. Tried one capsule before bed. Sense of calm washed over brain. Slept well and woke up refreshed. Less head pain. Today, took capsule before very busy and hectic day at work. Head pain did not increase when normally it would have caused issues with being able to function. Did not feel sleepy and able to focus more than usual. Sense of calm with this product and less migraine pain truly marvelous! Follow up: Months later still working great. With full work schedule, now taking 3x a day. Does not make me sleepy. Helps so much with chronic migraines.

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This GABA stuff works for me to help my sleeping. I'm even dreaming! And there is no hangover at all.....

Unsure about this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've tried this pharma gaba twice and felt relaxation in the short term, but I noticed an increase in heart rate and generally felt nervous about an hour later. I'm willing to give it a couple more tries, but I'm skeptical.

Excellent for anxiety and panic attacks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I recently developed essential tremor that brought on anxiety and severe panic attack at night. I did not want to use benzodiazepines (not even one), so I researched for alternatives. I also newly discovered that I have a sensitivity to MSG (glutamate). I am recovering from let's say a case of MSG poisoning. Now, GABA is a neurotransmitter closely related to glutamate, it made sense that my GABA levels were low. So good to discover iherb.com! I live in Northern Europe, and the parcel arrived by DHL in just 3 days! The product was wonderful; it worked quickly (within 5 mins) and the only side effect was better sleep, a clear head and a high activity level the next day! It is interesting how some people try to discredit GABA, stating it cannot pass the blood-brain-barriere. The BBB is not a brick wall, it is a thin biochemical film. Once compromised, it is not as strong. I am hypersensitive to alcohol too, and my point is, if alcohol can cross your BBB, so can GABA! Since glutamate (MSG) weakened my BBB, certainly GABA found its way to pass it too... The calming effect was astounding. It feels completely safe. So far, no negative side effects, and no addictive urge either, can take it or leave it.

great for anxiety.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take 2, twice a day. Helps me stay off xanax and keep my wonderful perimenopausal anxiety at bay. I've tried other brands and this one is the best. Now my daughter uses if for pms on occassion. Highly recommend.