AU

Posted on May 22, 2022

I bought this product a few weeks ago as I was needing the benefit of Glycine for neurotransmitter and gastrointestinal support. I found this product to be a quality, single ingredient, amino acid that fits well into my current fitness regimen. The capsules are medium sized, smooth, white in color, and very easy to swallow. The capsules are easy to pull apart if a person wanted to add the powder to a smoothie or other type of beverage. There is no taste that I can discern. No bitterness or stomach upset noted. The bottle is easy to grasp and the flip cap can be easily opened even for those with arthritic hands. The label is colorful, informative, has easy to read instructions for dosing along with a black and white box with supplement facts. There are 33 serving per container, 100 capsules per bottle. Each serving contains Glycine 3 grams. This is a gluten free product. I would recommend this product for those who want to add glycine to their dietary regimen for sleep, brain and G.I. Support. The product came well packaged and shipped quickly. I will definitely purchase this product again.

dba72894-3c6c-4331-8316-c6f58d95f930

I bought this for my epilepsy German Shepherd, which weighs about 100 pounds. He decided to double the upper limit of the recommended dose for men and gave him 6000 mg ... which stopped his daily seizures, which literally lasted for almost two months. When I reduced the dose to 3000 mg, the seizures recurred, so I increased it to 6000 mg every 12 hours. There's no crisis yet, it's incredible !!! We've been fighting dog epilepsy for 2.5 years, but until one day we tried all the medicines and holistic combinations and failed .. I am very grateful !!! Also, it is worth it as it has few or no side effects, so I highly recommend it. My dog is also happier, more playful, has more energy and sleeps all night. I myself took 2000mg overnight and slept soundly. I will continue to buy !!! Thank you! !! !!

Posted on Mar 30, 2022

I'm a poor sleeper, so I use this for sleep based on an article read on the interwebs. Suggested dosage is three 1000 mg capsules. Wont' 'knock you out,' but works for those like me who wake frequently during the night; this helps to keep me deeply asleep. Even getting up to visit the necessary doesn't wake me fully, though I don't have any trouble waking up enough to take care of business, it's just that I go back to sleep again, immediately. I'm also dreaming again, which means my brain is in REM. However, if you experience vivid dreams when you first start, try taking two 1000 mg caps for the first week. It worked for me and my wife. Now we can take the full dose without having strange dreams. (Not nightmares.) Note: If you are already having nightmares, try taking bedtime meds earlier in the evening. That will help.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021

I trust Now products and have been using them for years. This is the first time to try glycine but I am so glad I did. I use this along with melatonin to sleep and it really seems to be helping. I still wake up in the middle of the night but I now fall back to sleep and sleep well.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021

As an older person (ancient) I have experienced difficulty getting a good night's sleep. I have tried many sleep supplements and dosages. Up until now the combinations and dosages that worked left me sleepy in the daytime and napping too much. I accidentally came across an article about the sleep benefits of glycine. The article mentioned that glycine helped you sleep better but also decreased daytime sleepiness. I also found I was taking too much melatonin. My current “sleep stack" is 1mg of timed release melatonin two hours before bedtime and 3 grams of glycine right at bedtime. I have been taking this for several months now to great effect. Glycine will help the first night you take it, but it took me about three days feel the full effects.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021

Savior!!! I've been having serious sleeping problems since I'm a Polio surviver. I wanted to reduce the amount of DEPAS 3mg as less as possible. So far 4mg Glycine and 2.5mg DEPAS seem working quite well. Hope to reduce DEPAS gradually as somebody mentioned on comments that she/he made it kind of replacement 100% with Glycine in a year or so even they were suffering from sleeping problems over decades like me. So far I can wake up in a morning peacefully without disturb during midnight. Capsule is quite big but I can make it. Reasonable price. Thank you!

Posted on Aug 5, 2022

I take this about an hour before bed as part of my "skin and sleep stack"--glycine is the main amino acid involved in collagen and it also is said to help with sleep because it lowers body temp a little. I find the capsules easy to swallow. Along with the other supplements I take for skin health--hyaluronic acid, glucosamine/condroitin, collagen powder, vitamin c, choline/silica drops, and aloe vera--and practices like drinking lots of water, exercising, and focusing on sleep quality, my skin is super hydrated and glowy. I trust Now products and feel good about this glycine after taking it for several months.

Posted on Jun 1, 2022

My go to glycine. I take it every night, and it helps me with sleep. It’s not a sedative, so it doesn’t knock you out. It just helps your body naturally get ready for sleep. It doesn’t bother my stomach neither, and I have a sensitive stomach.

Posted on May 29, 2022

I am 70+ years old and have been taking this supplement for several years. 2 capsules before bed allows me to sleep well and stay asleep all night. I wake up refreshed, with more energy and no sleepy after-effects. I'm sure this amino acid has many other benefits, including boosting glutathione production which helps me assimilate proteins and other nutrients.

Posted on May 24, 2022

I take glycine in combination with NAC and magnesium right before bed. It does seem to help with my sleep. I had issues both with falling asleep and keeping asleep and the instances of me waking up at night has truly minimized. Another thing I noticed that I always wake up with my energy levels up and I no longer want to linger in bed - I get up, dress up, make my bed right after hearing my alarm. It was never like that before. Overall seems like a quality product, NOW food never disappoints, I trust their supplements and they always seem have the promised benefits.