The *only* sugar I use now

Posted by juliem on Apr 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've now fully converted to using this sugar as it tastes so wonderful in my cooking and my coffees. We don't use very much sugar at all now and I attribute it to the fact that it has helped me lower my family's "sweetness" threshhold so as a result I've ended up using less of it. Since we don't eat it whole the slight coarseness and irregularity of the granules is never a problem as they dissolve very well. I also pop it in my Thermomix to grind it to a finer icing sugar consistency if I need to dust it. Ironically the only "trouble" with this sugar is that, to me, white sugar now tastes like saccharine or some other artificial sweetener! Oh and I live in Australia and buy maybe 6 bags each year and I believe it's worth the effort.

Sucanant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is more grainy than the Sucanat from Wholesome Sweetners, it seems similar to Rapunzul Rapadura. But good stuff overall, and a great value from iherb.

sucanat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

you had it in stock, I got it right away, the price was right, I am very pleased. THANKS

sucanat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this sugar in place of any sugar called for in recipes. i love it and it is a lot healthier for you.

Good stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Good old fashioned sucanat with the molasses in tact. Flavorful!! Good with coffee and oatmeal cookies.

Sucanat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been trying to move to eating whole foods and choosing healthy natural sweeteners over artificial ones. I had a few recipes that called for Sucanat, but couldn't find it anywhere locally. iHerb had it for a reasonable price and shipped it directly to my house. A great product and a great service!

Complex flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Has a complex flavor that enhances a cup of coffee. Looking forward to trying it in my baking.

pretty good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The sucanat is OK, I have been using it to bake with and in things that need sweetner. It takes a little getting used to.

Delicious natural sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I tried Sucanat based on Dr. Marcus Laux recommending it in his health newsletter as a substitute for white and brown sugar. I bought this brand and substituted it for brown sugar in a cookie recipe. It was so delicious, I have been using it as a sugar substitute ever since. Please note, though: while Sucanat is very nutritious compared to white and brown sugar, it still has a high glycemic index, as any sugar does. For that reason, when substituting for sugar in recipes, I also use these other natural sweeteners: stevia, FOS and Lo Han Guo, all of which were also recommended by Dr. Laux. NOW sells stevia for a great price, which I also got from iHerb. You can also use sugar alcohols as an additional substitute--and NOW sells them, too. However, sugar alcohols, because the body does not digest them, cause most people, including myself, intestinal distress, so I can't use them.

A healthy sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2007 | Verified Purchase

What a great replacement for processed brown sugar. Makes a great base for pineapple upside down cake.