AUD

Effective for my tinnitus

Posted by Reviewer1609615 on Dec 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

As one who is winning against Candida overgrowth, one of my symptoms has been tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Candida can prevent absorption of magnesium, thus resulting in tinnitus. This product is vastly superior to other forms of magnesium (i.e., magnesium oxide) in terms of absorption and bioavailability. My tinnitus has subsided significantly since taking this product. I highly recommend it.

IBS sufferers: Attention!

Posted by Reviewer2635094 on Feb 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking Magnesium Citrate for 3 years now. It has eliminated my chronic IBS symptoms nearly 100%. I was taking the 400 mg tablets until I found it in powdered form. I mix 1 teaspoon in grapefruit juice every morning. It's been a lifesaver for me. Betsy :)

Connie

Posted by Reviewer1869218 on Jan 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The powder magnesium is great! I was taking the pills but,because I take 500 mgs a day I had to try and remember to take them with the powder I put it in water and only have to take it first thing in the morning with breakfast. I use it because I have migraines and with the magnesium I find I rarely ever get them now.

Cheap, not pure

Posted by aRPiieS on Jun 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Again this Now Foods - Magnesium Citrate is the cheapest one and you will find that out, label says that it is 100% citrate only but when you try to dissolve it into water, you will find about 5-10% of remaining hard contamination on your mug after you drank everything else away. This contamination is maybe copper or some other metal, it turns greenish/bluish quite fast, should you drink this or not, well I don't as I do not have any idea what it is. Will not buy again definitely.

Works well

Posted by TinVal on Aug 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I replenish the magnesium stores of my grand parents with this product. They can't take magnesium tablets or capsules which are usually huge even if you split them. Now after two bottles of this powder they have more energy and restful sleep.

Great form of this important mineral

Posted by Reviewer1355153 on Oct 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is probably a safer choice than taking laxatives, especially the "polymer" based ones. Magnesium itself is important for health; it's hard to get in food. The cheap oxide form is poorly absorbed. Not the FDA, but the Office of Dietary Supplements writes about its role (Google 'magnesium health' without the '): An observational study examined the effect of various nutritional factors on incidence of high blood pressure in over 30,000 US male health professionals. After four years of follow-up, it was found that a lower risk of hypertension was associated with dietary patterns that provided more magnesium, potassium, and dietary fiber [37]. For 6 years, the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study followed approximately 8,000 men and women who were initially free of hypertension. In this study, the risk of developing hypertension decreased as dietary magnesium intake increased in women, but not in men [38].

Caused diarrhea

Posted by Reviewer2484240 on Jun 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Aware that magnesium and cause diarrhea when too much is used and when taken without calcium, so I was careful. Over time I found it began to cause diarrhea no matter how little I used. I have gluten sensitivity and though I'm on a gluten-free diet I may still have problems with absorption so that may be why I had trouble. Switching to mag glycinate to see if that works better.

Now Foods, Magnesium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Unpure

Works great for toddler constipation

Posted by Reviewer1682992 on Apr 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to help with my three-year-old son's chronic constipation. I read an article on-line that said 1/16 of a teaspoon a day mixed in yogurt or juice would help to soften and relax the bowels. After just a couple days it has worked wonders!

Great product.

Posted by Reviewer1280571 on Jun 06, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is a great product. After trying many brands, I prefer this the best because there are no extra ingredients and the taste is not that bad. A bit tart, but mixed with orange juice, not a problem.