It works, BUT be careful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I started taking these tablets because I suspected I had zinc deficiency and YES i have it. I started taking ONE tablet every night and then one night I made a huuuuuuuuuge mistake and took these on an empty stomach, oh boy, you have no idea how much I regret that. It's like I was having a baaaad hangover and had drank a bottle of vodka, that's how sick and naseous I felt. so DON'T TAKE THESE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH, GOT IT?! So ok, now this DOES work, if I take it everyday for a month I will see a huge difference on my nails, libido and less hairloss. So I recomend but i think 50 mg is too strong! And since our bodies don't store zinc, we have to take it everyday to see results, so i think I'll try a different one.

I take this for any copper imbalance

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

50mg, will balance high copper levels, which I think causes my moodiness and irritability during PMS. Works great - but don't forget to take it - once every morning.

Zinc

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love all the NOW products I use. They are all GMP approved. I also use the Selenium which I have taken for years zinc and selenium for anti-aging. I will be 61 in September and no one believes me when I tell them that.

too much

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I find 50mg way too much for one pill. when I was taking it I noticed that after 1-2 hours I hot headache and nausea, and eventually realized that it is from the overdose of zinc! now I have been cutting pills to 4, only then you get your daily value good. but for this price, good amount, will probably use it for years.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I just recently switched to these from another Zinc supplement I'd been using and this increased my zinc level within 2 weeks whereas the other took 2 years and didn't do anything! This is a Fantastic Zinc supplement.

Great supp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This supplement works great at reducing cortisol when it is too high. Also good for calming your adrenals and balance your zinc/copper ratio. Very good for libido and dreaming as well. Just don't take too much of it to keep the balance right. If you plan taking it daily avoid eating your copper foods with it or take a 2mg copper supplement. If you take it at night you might oversleep. WARNING : Never take it on empty stomach! Or prepare for painful stomach cramps.

Fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product is highly recommended to my skin improved a lot.

Tiny pills but many benefits!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I had my whole family take this thing and immediately they started showing improvements. This gotta be the most underrated supplement. Creates a powerful line of defense for your immune system. I do wonder if this can even prevent cancer. If you have sensitive stomach take half.

Excellent / Highly Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good stuff against flu.

Zinc Gluconate is worthless

Posted by adhd-researcher on Sep 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Zinc Gluconate One of the most popular forms of dietary zinc, zinc gluconates are created by a process of industrial manufacturing. This process essentially ferments glucose, offering a supplemental product with an extremely long shelf-life. Unfortunately, gluconate supplements are just a chemical substitute for actual zinc. Sadly, the body absorbs very little of this processed form, as the bioavailability of these chemicals is virtually none. vote for this so people are aware and don't spend money on this