Contains Maltodextrin, not suitable for diabetics!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Maltodextrins are easily digestible carbohydrates made from natural corn starch, nothing to do with malt products despite the name suggesting so. They are polymers of dextrose (sometimes labeled "glucose polymers"), that do not contain significant quantities of protein, fat or fibre. ***Diabetics maltodextrin’s glycemic index is considered to be metabolically equivalent to glucose (dextrose). In other words it is equivalent to sugar!*** For a low-carber such as myself, this product is fine & the taste is fantastic, no bitterness whatsoever & super sweet for such a small sachet, but please don't get this if you are a diabetic.

Includes sugar be warned!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love the taste of this 'sugar replacement' but am extremely unhappy to realise that it includes 'maltodextron' or SUGAR! Which completely defeats the purpose of this amazing super food. Such a shame.

Beware of carbs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The taste of this product is sweet without any bitterness so it is excellent in that way. I've used this mainly with hot beverages and it is perfect with black tea, with coffee it works but not as well. However, this is not pure stevia but it has maltodextrin so the carb count is 1 gram per serving. If you are carb sensitive you might consider pure stevia products instead.

WARNING

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Contains Maltodextrin!! Which causes insulin spike worse than sugar!! POINTLESS AND DECEIVING!!

Bye bye artificial sweeteners.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used all types of sweeteners, artificial and natural...this is a great find and this brand is without a doubt the best. No aftertaste. Works well in cereal, shakes, tea....etc. Try it.

Awful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I read the reviews and ordered this product. I'm surprised that others say that it has no bitterness because thats what I've noticed the most. It also never sweetens enough and if you add more than the recommended one packet the bitterness is unbearable. iherb is a great service but this product is a disappointment. I wish I knew which stevia product had minimal bitterness so that I can order it.

nustevia

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

hope that iherb can bring in Lakanto SWEETENER TIS GOOD FOR OUR BODY !!!!

Stevia

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was disappointed with NuStevia. I had not tried stevia before and was hoping that it would be a good sugar substitute but it has an overwhelming flavor that completely changed the flavor of my coffee.

Best I've Had

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is my favorite Stevia so far -- much better to the NOW brand. Mixes well and the taste is great. I get the 1000 packets just because it is so much more cost effective. I haven't tried some of the other brands such as Sweet Leaf -- but not really motivated to since they are more expensive.

NuNaturals

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love this sweetener. It's great to bring along in my purse to sweeten my coffee or tea on the road. I don't use sugar or any other artificial sweeteners at all. I have been using this brand for over four years.