AUD

recommended

Posted by Reviewer1099448 on Oct 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This probiotic was recommended to me years ago. It helps maintain a healthy and functional lower digestive track. I am convinced that a healthy intestinal track is much more critical for health than is generally recognized. For example, following any surgery which involves powerful antibiotics, the intestinal track is heavily damaged, and I am convinced that is the main cause of death due to complications, especially among old people. The MD community seems totally unaware of this. My elderly father had this problem, and the MD tried to repair the damaged intestinal track using another antibiotic. Start taking probiotics after surgery as soon as possible!

Best yogurt starter.

Posted by SkippyGurl on Oct 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Made really delicious soy yogurt with this! Just 1 capsule to one litre of milk. I am getting more bang for my buck by culturing more bacteria in yogurt. One capsule now lasts me 2 weeks in the form of yogurt! Awesome stuff!

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2457307 on Sep 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this product for several years and love it! It stays affective in room temperature and great for travel. I found it very helpful in healing candida and yeast problems.

A good product and good price

Posted by Reviewer3101973 on Jun 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my dad to help repopulate his gut with good bacteria following a clostridium dificile infection that was brought on by antibiotics following surgery. He has been taking this for six months, along with two other probiotics and he is doing much better now. Please be aware if you are considering surgery that life threatening antibiotic resistant clostridium dificile infections are very common. We were told that by numerous doctors after the fact. It would have been helpful to know in advance and that's why I'm including it here.

Help Constipation a bit more

Posted by Reviewer1690748 on Jul 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have CFS. I am trying all sort of different Pro-Biotic on Iherbs. I have been using Garden of life - Ultra Primal defence for 4 years, but now want to try different ones to see the effect and also so the body does not get used to same strain of bacteria and add different strain to it. This one is protected till it reaches small intestine so not killed by the stomach acid. Should be good, my experience of it is OK, not very different to Primal defence. I am now trying PB8, seems to help constipation more. I think with Probiotic, each person is So different in terms of their bacteria needs, what works for one does not work for another, it is so individual.And good to rotate a few different brand too to get different benefit.

Can't sleep

Posted by Reviewer2139449 on Jan 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This review is not about the product quality. It's probably a good product for the intended uses. I am just warning for people who try them and notice sleep problems, It really affects my sleep and I just take hours to fall asleep. It's probably a side effect because I read other people having the same issue. I cant take them. Hope it helps

Best we have used

Posted by Reviewer1404401 on Nov 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We have tried other probiotics and keep coming back to PB8, so have been using this daily for the last year or so. Consistantly good product and a very reasonable price from IHerb.

Dead bacteria

Posted by Reviewer2387900 on Mar 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I tried to make yogurt by using these pills as a starter, but these are not working. It seems that there is no alive bacteria at all.

Product contains magnesium stearate

Posted by Jeffrey-Singapore on Oct 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this product as the ingredients list shown on iHerb did not include magnesium stearate. But when I got the actual product, I saw that the ingredients list label stating that it does contain magnesium stearate. I am disappointed that iHerb has either sent me the wrong product (I understand that Nutrition Now has an original formula which includes magnesium stearate, but that bottle has a blue cap), or Nutrition Now has sent iHerb the wrong information. Either way, I would not order this again if it does contain magnesium stearate.

Good for your stomach!

Posted by 4757529252653755557 on Feb 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Really good product! My stomach is so much better now. Just a little tip if you use it together with olive leaf extract (which I do) you should not take them at the same time of the day, because the olive leaf extract can kill som of the good bacterias in this product, so I was recommended to take the extract in the morning, and PB8 in the evening before bedtime.