AU

Posted on May 8, 2022

This is a great ALA supplement when undertaking Andy Cutler Chelation protocol with my children. They found them easy to swallow. Great sized capsule.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022

My nightly supplement with milk thistle

Posted on Sep 3, 2021

Another fantastic product from this company.

Posted on Apr 17, 2021

I use this product as part of the Andy Cutler Chelation (ACC) Protocol.

Posted on Apr 8, 2021

Had a back shoulder severe spasm..i take it along with heating pads and within the first 2 days i noticed a great difference

If you are not familiar with Andy's mercury chelation protocol, please google it. If you have Amalgam fillings, then you must google Andy's mercury chelation protocol. As a warning taking ALA while having Amalgam fillings is really not advised, it will harm you. Anyway, I split the tablet in half so I take 25mg every 3 hours. After few rounds on the protocol, I must say I'm getting better. This is the lowest dose I found oh iherb, so thank you iherb and thank you source naturals :)

Posted on Aug 22, 2012

The body under optimum conditions may be able to manufacture enough alpha-lipoic acid for its metabolic functions (as a co-factor for a number of enzymes involved in converting fat and sugar to energy), but additional amounts provided by supplements allow alpha-lipoic acid to circulate in a "free" state. In this state, alpha-lipoic acid has the unique ability to function as both a water- and fat-soluble antioxidant. I give four stars because of abundance of fillers in these tablets.

Posted on Jun 1, 2008

Alpha lipoic acid should be considered an essential medication for every person with diabetes or pre-diabetes, since it has been shown to decrease progression of diabetic neuropathy, diabetic eye disease and diabetic kidney disease. In clinical trials in Germany, doses as high as 1200 mg were given, but I have seen better clinical responses to 100 mg a day (decreased neuropathic pain). A rare patient will get joint aches from higher doses, and for them the 50 mg dose, daily or every other day, may allow some of the benefits. This is the only preparation at 50 mg that I could locate.

Posted on Dec 13, 2019

Taking as directed by neurologist. Purchasing in bottles of 100 convenient.

Posted on Nov 26, 2016

There a a couple of brands that I find more potent, but they are much more expensive. I always have a bottle of these with me for relief from neuropathy. This dosage works well for Cutler detox protocol.