Help

Treatment of bipolar disorder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

NAC is an exciting new direction in the treatment of serious mental disorders such as bipolar and schizophrenia. It increases the bodies #1 antioxidant and as such helps restore neurons towards normal functioning. It takes 2-3 months to take effect.

CFS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this as well as Lecithin, ALA, and Milk Thistle to improve my liver function which is sluggish and my CFS symptoms are now way better, quiet pleased, i use 3 of these a day.

Beneficial

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use this primarily for liver support and it's anti-oxident qualities. I wanted something that would help eliminate exess estrogens and xenoestrogens that come from toxic substances. I have noticed that mucus in my throat has decreased some and it seems to help out the digestive tract as well.

N-Acetyl Cysteine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am very happy with the supplement. I am taking it as part of a regime for the management of Parkinson's disease. So far I havee managed to stay off prescription drugs and hope to stay off them for a long time yet.

Important antioxidant!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

N-Acetylcysteine is fundamental for the formation of glutathione in the body. Glutathione is one of the most potent antioxidants. Acetylcysteine protects mainly your liver from injuries caused by chemicals and drugs. I take 3 prescription drugs per day for bipolar disorder and often tylenol and I want to help my liver to stay healthy. NAC helps with it. Moreover it can help with bipolar disorder, depression and OCD by lowering the excitatory neurotransmitter Glutamate in some areas of the brain. Don't worry if you heard about NAC causing PAH since the doses used in the studies were much higher than 600 mg or even 1200 mg a day. Source Naturals equals quality and I will never allow this supplement to run out of my stack!

Good mucolytic effects, and antidote to acids, mycotoxins and environmental pollution

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I took NAC in order to help clear my body of acids, mycotoxins and environmental toxins, and I was happy with the results, feeling and looking clearer. It doesn't just help to get rid of some toxins but, both directly and as a precursor of antioxidant gluthatione, it also protects the liver against damage from mycotoxins. Some studies show that it can bond to heavy metals such as lead (from paint and cigarette smoke), mercury (from dental fillings) and cadmium, to escort them out of the body. It can also neutralize acetaldehyde, a strong neurotoxin that is absorbed or produced in the brain from alcohol consumption, car pollution, candida overgrowth and cigarette smoke. I also used this product in the past for its mucolytic benefits when I had big colds and bronchitis, which doesn't seem to happen to me anymore. It really helped to break down mucus, making it s good liquefying expectorant. I still use it from time to time to help clear my sinuses that tend to get congested whenever I spend some time exposed to peak pollution, dust, or very dry environments, and it seems to help. Now NAC can have side effects and it can add to or contradict the effects of some drugs, so I'd recommend that everyone do their own research. I find these tabs to be easy to swallow and easy to split.

Top antioxidant choice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My top antioxidant choice since one can divide the tablets in two. Thus, 300mg is sufficient when take 3X daily. Dr. Richard Lippman, author of "Stay 40"

Beneficial for Cystic Fibrosis Sufferers

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My son has cystic fibrosis and is very prone to Distal obstructive syndrome (DIOS), basically his gut produces very sticky mucus and blocks up. This blockage is very resistant to laxatives and can end up with a stay in hospital. The clinic suggested using acetyl cystein and we have been using it now for a couple of years from different suppliers. In the last year we have been using Natural source as it seems effective and is reasonably priced. One tablet twice a day is an important part of keeping his digestive system healthy, plus there is the added benefit of powerful antioxidant activity that have been shown to be of benefit in keeping the lungs healthy in CF.

Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This really works. I saw improved immunity and less tiredness. Some days I have to skip it cause it works so wll that I am not tired before the bedtime and can't fall asleep.

NAC

Posted by Xenias on Oct 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Amazing price for such a beneficial product. I give it to my 3 year old grandson who has heavy metal poisoning and movement disorder. Side effects such as nausia can be eliminated with the use vitamin C 300mg of NAC to 600mg Vitamin C twice a day in two doses. Plus ALA I'm still waiting to see results,as far as his seizures go. Will up date when I see them.