AUD

Better than Crisco

Posted by 5323669294252081370 on Jan 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've used it to make bread, cupcakes, and dairy free butter cream frosting. Better than Crisco and non-hydrogenated. Highly recommend it!

Useful product

Posted by 5611495968515350305 on Dec 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'd never used this before but it's made life so much simpler cooking and baking in South Korea.

Great in Bob's Red Mill Biscuits

Posted by Reviewer1399542 on Jan 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Being gluten intolerant, we've had to start making and baking from scratch. Bob's Red Mill Biscuit Mix is the only one that doesn't have other flours/starches I can't have. Well, this shortening works the best! (Also add 2 eggs for a full bag for lighter biscuits) I also use this to season my cast iron cookware to keep it in top condition! Try this shortening. You won't be disappointed.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2375674 on Mar 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great to have to use instead of butter. Just baked a cake and it turned out delicious.

Love this product!

Posted by 5210826161262109858 on Jan 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I wish this was to replace margarine and all of the horrible cooking fats (incl canola, chemically extracted vegetable oils, etc) used in the home and industrial kitchen. Tastes great, nutritious and simply very good.

Very happy that I-Herb carry this. Good product :D

Posted by Ann-Hanalyza on Sep 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Finally i can make those cookies that required shortening in the recipe!!!!. I've been keeping for years all my recipe that need shortening because normal shortening is not healthy because of the trans fat & i refused to substituted to others fat because it wont taste as good as when you used shortening. My organic oats & chocolate chips cookies turns out really well using this. Very happy. My words to I-Herb, please carry this shortening forever. I couldn't find anything like this in my local store.

Shortening that doesn't shorten your life

Posted by MyName on Dec 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I use it for Paleo cupcake frosting and love it!

Love this product

Posted by 4765663109187575077 on Sep 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I switched to this product for cooking as I wanted to get away from the trans fats in conventional cooking oils, and coconut oil not tolerated in our family. Cooks great, there is no aroma or taste that gets transferred to food. My super fussy daughter did not even notice when I made the switch. Our family has varying degrees of sensitivities to salicylates, amines, glutamates and synthetic antioxidants; we have had no reactions with this. So far I have used for shallow frying and deep frying. It does splatter a bit in the pan when on high heat.

EXCELLENT!!!

Posted by naturalwoman on Jul 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is the only oil I use. I am sensitive to other oils. It lasts a very, very longtime. Excellent!!!!!!!! Please visit my page for interesting information and other reviews.

nice..

Posted by 5154170390377322146 on Apr 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My husband loves this stuff as I use it in the pie crust.We don't tolerate coconut oil so this is a good alternative.

1 2 3