AUD

One of the best organic coconut oils on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Apr 12, 2014

Not only does this coconut oil tastes great, but it's packed with health benefits and can be used both internally and externally. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient oil also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut oil can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut oil both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

the best

Posted by Reviewer2746709 on Aug 09, 2011

I have tried lots of coconut oils, used Nature's Way (second best so far) and Nutiva a lot because of price, but this stuff is the bomb, and I am hooked. Amazing scent and taste, and in a glass bottle. It's worth every penny (even though the price just went up...).

This is a new version of coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2059212 on Aug 24, 2014

This product is different than the old one: this oil is no longer extra virgin which means the melting temperature is different. I have both the old one manufactured some time back and the new versions as I eat tons of coconut oil and have done so for a long time so I keep a large stock. (I'm about 98% raw vegan these days). Right now it's hot in Japan where we live but only one of the oils on the shelf is melted and it's not the new version strangely.

Simply the Best Raw Coconut Oil

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jun 05, 2013

Living in the tropics and having tasted fresh coconut right from the tree, this is the best it can get. The taste and aroma is perfect. This oil is too good to be used for cooking. Eat it raw as a butter or health supplement in anti-candida, anti-yeast, anti-parasite, and weight-loss program. This is 100% oil. Artisana produces another coconut butter that includes coconut flesh; it contains 2g of protein and 2g of sugar in one serving. Look for the same product name, without "Extra Virgin". That one is cheaper and even more delicious than this one, ideal for replacing dairy cream in home-made ice-cream!

This is one of the best.

Posted by Reviewer3126648 on Oct 02, 2012

Good quality, "The cream of coconut oil".

Coconut Oil For Radiant Skin, A Supercharged Metabolism And – um- A Stretchier You!

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Jun 25, 2016

Cosmopolitan magazine recently quoted the Australian SUPERMODEL MIRANDA KERR (wife of actor Orlando Bloom) as saying that coconut oil was the key to her clear skin, lustrous hair and svelte figure. “I’ve been drinking it since I was 14 and it’s the one thing I can’t live without,” quotes Cosmo. “I will not go a day without coconut oil. I personally take four tablespoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in my cups of green tea.” I have a few relatives who lost a few pounds after taking coconut oil for one to two months. To see what other health/beauty products I have purchased and reviewed, please check out my page SEEKING-HEALTH.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer3067489 on May 27, 2013

This coconut oil will flavor your foods when using it. I would prefer a product that would not have such an intense flavor. If you like coconut flavor then this is a great product to get.

Delicious!

Posted by vafa33 on Aug 13, 2014

yummy Bounty

Healed my husband's shingles scars and flare ups!

Posted by pareedus on May 15, 2014

I bought this oil to try oil pulling, (particularly for a morning after a night of drinking to try hangover prevention), but I didn't know that the most wonderful use we found (quite by accident) was that it seems to have cured my husband's shingles related skin condition. He has been having flare ups in the same place for over a year or two, which seemed to never go away, and had led to scarring of the area. The doctor told him it was viral, and any medicines would be purely for symptoms. The oil sits on our bathroom counter, and I guess out of desperation, he started putting it on his afflicted area. He has been amazed that the infection subsided, and even the scarring has been dramatically reduced. His skin looks normal! I had no idea why, but after reading the review by Leione in April, I suspect it must be these qualities that led to his results. I'm so pleased he doesn't have to suffer this discomfort anymore- and without having to use pills and medicines.

awesome

Posted by Reviewer3294805 on Mar 28, 2011

I purchased and sent this jar to my grandmother. She has very dry skin and hair and discovered how much she loved it when she was using mine. Next jar is for me - I mostly use it on my skin. Even though I have oily skin, I still use it on my face as a moisturizer. It has helped to even out my skin tone and the crow's feet around my eyes are all but gone. It really is an awesome product.