Books, Living Well with Hypothyroidism by Mary J Shomon, 587 Page, Paper-Back Book (Discontinued Item)

Every thyroid patient should read this!

Posted by Reviewer1589784 on Aug 28, 2008

It would be great if every thyroid patient could hear the information in this book from their doctor. Unfortunately, the vast majority of physicians don't even recognize thyroid disorders in the patients they are supposed to help. And, if they do, they are unwilling or unable to provide the type of care that will help their patients to live a full life. This book gives patients the information their doctors can't or won't provide. Anyone suffering from thyroid disorders needs to read this book.

Anna

Posted by Reviewer2397032 on Sep 08, 2008

This book helped me understand the changes I can expect in the future as I head back to being "well" again.

Living Well with Hypothyroidism

Posted by Reviewer1496383 on Nov 12, 2008

I am Hypothyroid. I had my thyroid removed in September,2005. I was told that I would always be Hypothyroid. But the Doctors did not tell me all the other things that went with it. I was losing weight until I went from taking 200mg of levothyroxin to 125mg a day except Sunday I had to take 1/2 a pill. I got where I was feeling tired all the time and did not want to do anything. I purchased 1500mg of B12 and 100mg B6 and I take that twice a day and I started taking a whole pill again on Sunday. I am having more energy but I have not been able to lose weight this year. This book is letting me know some things that I can do to help. Thanks to Mary Shomon for writing the book. I have not completed reading the book but what I have read is great. I thought some of my problems was just growing old.

Living Well with Hypothyroidism

Posted by Reviewer2407428 on Nov 27, 2008

Excellent Book! Anyone who is clueless about thyroid issues should read this book. It is not meant to diagnose medical problems, but it will educate you so you can ask your doctor the right questions--it does help to study up on this problem before going to the doctor. I was astounded at the amount of information I received in this book for an extremely reasonable price.

Get a grip on thyroid problems!

Posted by Reviewer2574483 on Mar 26, 2009

This was the first book I read after by 10 year olds diagnosis of hypothyroidism and has been a great resource since then, knowledge truly is power.