AUD

AU$8.15

AU$8.63

Savings of: AU$0.48 (6% off)

Amazing! but loses flavor when cooked

Posted by Reviewer1239444 on Sep 20, 2010

Coconut Aminos tastes wonderful, VERY close to soy (I grew up on soy sauce, so I well remember what it tastes like). The only problem is if you cook it it will loose a lot of its flavor. If you plan on using it in a non-raw stir fry, add it at the very end. Also great because it's not as high in sodium as soy sauce is.

Love it

Posted by 5362572640403611224 on Aug 17, 2013

Love the coconut amino's, I wanted to move away from soy based seasonings, this is kind of an acquired taste, quite sweet, works perfect for dressings and marinades.

Good product, bad packaging

Posted by 4726393566490305658 on Aug 21, 2013

I used this to make cauliflower fried rice and it was AWESOME! So glad I finally bought some. However, the two bottles I purchased leaked during transport. Not sure if I'll buy these from a website again.

alternatives

Posted by 5013526863525917313 on Oct 20, 2013

For those who can't do gluten, there's tamari. For those who don't do gluten or soy, there's coconut aminos. Very subtle taste, i didn't get coconut or soy sauce out of this. low sodium, low gly..i like it. i mix it with ginger and orange juice or whatever spicy sauce i am using. if you want to taste soy sauce, this probably isn't for you.

Very tasty and versatile sauce

Posted by 4745083073513175912 on Dec 16, 2014

Great paleo soy/tamari sauce alternative. I use this sauce in all of my Asian style cooking. It has more of a sweeter taste than tamari. Compared to a lot of other brands this has the lowest sugars.

Good raw, not cooked

Posted by Reviewer2074869 on Feb 06, 2015

It doesn't taste exactly like soy sauce, however, it gives the idea of soy sauce if eaten raw. When cooked, not much, however it gives an interesting flavor to tomato sauces.

Great to find a soy-free alternative

Posted by Reviewer2280183 on Jun 18, 2014

I bought this for my husband, who cooks with soy sauce. Since we now avoid soy as much as possible (as well as eat coconut oil, coconut flour etc), this was quite a find. He was quite happy with the taste. I haven't given it 5 stars, because time will tell how long it keeps for.

Tasty if used right

Posted by plantbasedglutard on Feb 22, 2016

Wouldn't use it to replace soy sauce in cooking, a great replacement for sweet soy. I like to use it with some garlic as a dipping sauce.

excellent!

Posted by 5603708783640907409 on Aug 27, 2013

great on salads mixed with apple cider vinegar

I can't decide...

Posted by Tingeling on Mar 17, 2014

I can't decide if I like this or not..! It has too much wine taste and I dont like wine at all!! I bought this because coconut is good for my thyroid, but the taste is just too weird! Thumbs up for not having soy in it, since people suffering from thyroid should'nt eat anything with soy in it! Will I buy again? No, problaby not!