Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Professional Formula, 60 Capsules

AU$59.48
AU$74.35
Savings of: AU$14.87 (20% Off)

Excellent probiotics

Posted by Reviewer2372846 on Feb 26, 2009

These definitely are stronger than the 'original formula' one, I'd say taking 2 of these = 3 of the others. Product was delivered really fast, within a week, so I'm very happy with iHerb.com. Dr. Ohhira's seem to be the best probiotics I've taken, as good or better than Primal Defense by Garden of Life. In fact, after having to take a lot of antibiotics over a couple months or so, Ohhira's was what finally got my body back to normal, Primal Defense wasn't sufficient. I took lots of Primal Defense but still felt sluggish, I tried Ohhira's and it finally got my body feeling healthy and not depleted any more. Taking both products at the same time is pretty potent and useful as well, but it was Ohhira's that did the better job when depleted.

Difference Between the Professional and Original Formula

Posted by Reviewer1341226 on Nov 22, 2010

The Professional Formula contains more robust organic acids, which modify the pH of the colon allowing for greater cohesion and proliferation of the LAB strains. People with severely compromised immune systems or GI tract health conditions receive benefit from this due to their dysbiosis. Dysbiosis is the imbalance of micro-flora and colonic pH, which is caused by too few colonies of friendly flora and organic acids. The Professional Formula has been fermented for 5 years whereas the Original Formula has been fermented for 3 years. The longer the fermentation, the more potent the formula is. In the Professional Formula, on colonization, the LAB strains will double themselves every 30 minutes for the first 8 hours. There are identical ingredients to Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 PLUS Original Formula and Professional Formula but tweaked during the fifth year of processing to provide organic acids that are more robust than those contained in the Original Formula. The CFU of the lactic acid bacteria may be less than in the Original Formula due to the natural variation of ingredients and the more complex manufacturing process. In addition, the potency of the micronutrient by-products is maximized to expedite the adhesion of the good bacteria in the colon.

Dr. Ohhira's Professional Formula Probiotics

Posted by Reviewer1445311 on Apr 18, 2008

Referred to this by a chiropractor who has had much success with this product with his patients ... over other probiotics. It helped clear up my husband's eczema and my yeast infection in one week when we did the dosing of 10/day for 6 days. Awesome stuff!

It actually works

Posted by Reviewer1392206 on May 26, 2009

I take dozens of tablets and capsules each day, most of which I buy from iherb. I take these products on faith- faith that the research I've read about them accurately reflects the truth and that I'm doing my body some good even though I can't really notice much difference in the way I feel. Dr. Ohhira's product is in the rarified category of "products that clearly make a difference". I suffer from acid reflux and I experience rapid relief when I chew two capsules. Sometimes I take 4 capsules for even more relief. Nothing else has worked for me- not even anti-acids. I don't know what the exact chemical reaction is but I highly recommend this product.

It really works!

Posted by Reviewer2870875 on Mar 28, 2009

I've taken many probiotics to help with intestinal dysbiosis caused by candida overgrowth (I had a severe systemic case), and since taking Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics my bowel movements have started returning to normal. No other probiotic supplement has seemed to do it's job in replenishing my digestive tract with healthy, good bacteria. I've been taking these probiotics with the Inuflora, just to ensure the good bacteria has what it needs to establish colonies. If you've had candida overgrowth, like me, be sure to eliminate the candida first, then clean out your system, and then repopulate with Dr. Ohhira's, while taking immune support supplements. I'd also recommend looking into adrenal fatigue (A good book: Dr. Wilson's 21st Century Fatigue Syndrome), since candida really hits your adrenal glands pretty hard. I will continue to take Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics along with Inuflora to ensure I keep balanced. I highly recommend iHerb.com, too. Shipping is fast and their prices are the best!