AUD

AU$8.48

AU$9.68

Savings of: AU$1.20 (12% off)

More Nutritious Brown Suger Substitute

Posted by Reviewer2619724 on Dec 30, 2012

A nice product but be aware that it is not white in color as you might expect from coconut meat so does not replace white sugar. It is produced from the flower part of the palm and is brown, very close to date sugar in taste, with the same sort of grainy texture. A good product nevertheless.

Very nice

Posted by 4711883003752928730 on Oct 11, 2013

I prefer this to regular sugar now. It has a more complex flavor and isn't as sickly sweet. As it says you can substitute 1:1 but I haven't tried it myself. Not being as sweet adjustments might have to be made. It is delicious on cereal or porridge though and only the tiniest sprinkling is needed.

Fantastic!!!

Posted by LoveLife on Mar 21, 2013

The taste is amazing. It gives such a pleasant caramel flavor! I enjoy my morning coffees more now. No kidding, a natural coffee with a caramel taste is what sets my mood for the day!

Delicious

Posted by Reviewer1430941 on Feb 12, 2015

I have never been partial to the taste of cane sugar. I have tried to find a sweetener that I love. Maple syrup and honey taste better to me than cane sugar, but this beats them all. It is a really "gentle" flavor and the most delicious sweetener I have ever tried. Wish I had discovered this years ago, and love that it is much lower on the glycemic index than all the above as well.

god

Posted by 5106584104797104015 on Dec 20, 2012

godt alternativt til sunnere sukker

Great product, convenient form of Gula Melaka

Posted by junejuniadin on Apr 06, 2014

Coconut sugar has been a staple in Malay cooking/baking and is known as gula melaka. However, gula melaka usually comes in chunky blocks which requires shaving. So this coconut sugar is a more convenient form to use, although I have to say the aroma is not as strongly sweet as gula melaka. Still, to be used as a substitute for white sugar, this is a great product~

Pretty good in taste

Posted by 4709486082225935095 on Nov 18, 2013

but I guess this one is not as nutritious as the Wholesome one. I use this one to brew my water kefir grains. WK grains grow sooooo big and some even swim in the Wholesome with water, but in this one they are not so big and active.

Good

Posted by 5647406475633848847 on Jan 29, 2014

Good substitute for white sugar. Can't taste the difference in baked goods.

Exquisita!

Posted by 5108891844905416969 on Mar 04, 2014

Simplemente la adoro, pero en general adoro todo lo que provenga del coco jijiji. Excelente producto.

Caramel-y sweetener

Posted by MissGreen on Apr 13, 2014

Perfect for chocolate cakes or anything that can do with an added slightly caramel-y flavour.