AUD

AU$15.16

AU$23.78

Savings of: AU$8.62 (36% off)

Too potent extract - warning

Posted by eleuthero on Jul 16, 2012

Be careful with this one. It is standardized to 4,5% withanolides per capsule which is equal to ~10 grams of the whole herb - already over the common recommended daily dosage. It can have tranquilizing and hypnotic effect with two capsules. After quitting long-term (couple of months) use of this in recommended doses I had withdrawal symptoms similar to quitting benzodiazepines. It is a powerful herb especially when extracted so strongly. Use only when really needed (stressful times, occasional sleep aid) and not for too long periods continuously. I find half or even 1/3 of a capsule effective. It seems that consuming food/carbohydrates bring out the effects faster. I gave 1 star just to make my warning more noticeable. This is still quality supplement but has to be used with caution.

Great for Adrenal Fatigue!

Posted by Reviewer3013107 on Apr 17, 2007

This product levels out my cortisol during the day so that I don't have highs and lows. It also is very calming. Excellent for my adrenal fatigue.

it really works

Posted by Reviewer2056622 on Mar 11, 2008

ashwaganda has really helped me with adrenal exhaustion and hypothyroidism.

Ashwangandha

Posted by Reviewer2803577 on Mar 01, 2008

Best natural product I have ever taken. Helps with my fibromyalgia, sever chronic fatigue and stress.

Cortisol Support

Posted by Reviewer3230061 on May 08, 2008

I have taken many supplements for adrenal fatigue and cortisol support after surgical menopause and I think I am seeing improvement with my cortisol after only 2 weeks of taking this.

Wonderful product

Posted by Reviewer1300695 on Jan 16, 2011

I've tried two other ashwagandha brands (Jarrow Formulas and Himalaya and think this one is the strongest. They're all pretty good though. You can feel the calming relaxing effects in about 10 minutes. Great for getting to sleep. When I use it daily, (for the overall tonic and pro-thyroid effects)I find the relaxing effects wear off. For better sleep, I just stop using it for a couple of days and start again. I really like ashwagandha, and this brand.

Ashwagandha - 450mg, by NOW

Posted by Reviewer1509916 on Aug 30, 2008

This was prescribed by the D.O. to help with my emotions. It has truly worked, I feel much better. and highly recommend it. Charlyne S.

Mrs. Trixie Pettman-South

Posted by Reviewer2516849 on Aug 14, 2008

I know it has only been aboutn two weeks on this product but I am feeling less depressed and I know I will get better. Thabk you for a wonderful product and the prompt manner it was despatched.

Suzy

Posted by Reviewer1983220 on Oct 15, 2008

Absolutely fantastic. Achieving things I haven't been able to muster energy for in ages. Sleeping has improved dramatically.

Great Adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer1964602 on Jan 15, 2008

Like other adaptogens, it works for awhile, but you need to give it a break for 2 to 3 weeks, before taking it again, so you can feel the effects.