Now Foods, Valerian Root, 500 mg, 250 Capsules

AU$11.37
AU$17.86
Savings of: AU$6.48 (36% Off)

LOVE 'em! (but not the smell)

Posted by Reviewer3071228 on Sep 19, 2008

I've always been one to stay up 'til the wee hours of the morning even when I was tired. I also have restless leg syndrome, which exacerbates my insomnia. I was hesitant to use any serious sleep medications, so I thought I'd try valerian (believe it or not, based on the recommendation of a holistic vet). These pills are magic, albeit stinky. I take two before getting into bed and they allow me to simply fall asleep when I'm tired. I've also noticed a marked decrease in my RLS since I'm sleeping better. My teenage son also struggles with the same conditions I do, so I gave the valerian to him (with pediatrician's okay) and he swears by them. Without the extra little calming affect, he'd be up through the night. They are non-addictive and don't really make you sleepy, just allow you to sleep when tired. Highly recommended to all who suffer as we USED TO!

Not Bad

Posted by Reviewer2781224 on Mar 30, 2009

250 capsules in person is a lot more than 250 imagined capsules! Huge bottle - lasts a really long time. I decided to try this stuff to see if I could take it instead of a klonopin for when I have more mild anxiety. I've found that it's not a bad alternative, but works best if taken at the beginning of the day - it makes me less prone to feel anxiety. It will not, however, do much about anxious feelings once they've already started. And as for helping to sleep, definitely take two. Overall, I'd say I'm fairly impressed. Definitely worth a try. Especially for the price!

Nighty night

Posted by Reviewer3180222 on Nov 05, 2007

This no frills non standardized supplement does the job.My wife and I use this regularly and find it enhances all phases of sleep. We get to sleep easier and sleep deeper. Great product at a great price.

Valerian Root

Posted by Reviewer1872135 on Apr 23, 2008

Works well for muscle relaxation and stressful times...good sleep aid.

Essential Relaxant.

Posted by Reviewer1885707 on Oct 26, 2009

It is essential to have as a relaxant. Not really for sleeping. It is a healthy herb to help unwind or calm yourself naturally. Very noticeable for the first few weeks, and dramatically tapers off. But still a great herb, that I will always have on hand. It is mild in comparison to kava kava though. It is a must have for anyone suffering any form of anxiety or chronic stress. Smells like funky gym equipment though!..lol