AUD

AU$16.82

AU$26.42

Savings of: AU$9.59 (36% off)

LOVE 'em! (but not the smell)

Posted by Reviewer3071228 on Sep 19, 2008

I've always been one to stay up 'til the wee hours of the morning even when I was tired. I also have restless leg syndrome, which exacerbates my insomnia. I was hesitant to use any serious sleep medications, so I thought I'd try valerian (believe it or not, based on the recommendation of a holistic vet). These pills are magic, albeit stinky. I take two before getting into bed and they allow me to simply fall asleep when I'm tired. I've also noticed a marked decrease in my RLS since I'm sleeping better. My teenage son also struggles with the same conditions I do, so I gave the valerian to him (with pediatrician's okay) and he swears by them. Without the extra little calming affect, he'd be up through the night. They are non-addictive and don't really make you sleepy, just allow you to sleep when tired. Highly recommended to all who suffer as we USED TO!

Not Bad

Posted by Reviewer2781224 on Mar 30, 2009

250 capsules in person is a lot more than 250 imagined capsules! Huge bottle - lasts a really long time. I decided to try this stuff to see if I could take it instead of a klonopin for when I have more mild anxiety. I've found that it's not a bad alternative, but works best if taken at the beginning of the day - it makes me less prone to feel anxiety. It will not, however, do much about anxious feelings once they've already started. And as for helping to sleep, definitely take two. Overall, I'd say I'm fairly impressed. Definitely worth a try. Especially for the price!

Nighty night

Posted by Reviewer3180222 on Nov 05, 2007

This no frills non standardized supplement does the job.My wife and I use this regularly and find it enhances all phases of sleep. We get to sleep easier and sleep deeper. Great product at a great price.

Essential Relaxant.

Posted by Reviewer1885707 on Oct 26, 2009

It is essential to have as a relaxant. Not really for sleeping. It is a healthy herb to help unwind or calm yourself naturally. Very noticeable for the first few weeks, and dramatically tapers off. But still a great herb, that I will always have on hand. It is mild in comparison to kava kava though. It is a must have for anyone suffering any form of anxiety or chronic stress. Smells like funky gym equipment though!..lol

Valerian Root

Posted by Reviewer1872135 on Apr 23, 2008

Works well for muscle relaxation and stressful times...good sleep aid.

Anxiety, Sleep and overall stress

Posted by Reviewer1085742 on May 01, 2010

Though not advertised for Anxiety it works well for mild to slightly moderate levels. Have to try to steer the mind away from thoughts of worry also not just take it like a "pharm" pill. Helps with relaxation and going to sleep. Don't take too many at one time as it can actually INCREASE negative symptoms 3 should be about the maximum at one time Maybe 4. Go off of it occationally so your body/mind can adjust without it and it will be more effective if you have to use it again later. Can be taken during the day in smaller quanities without making sleepy just use less and guage your response to it. I will not be without this aid myself.

Now Valarien Root

Posted by Reviewer2438926 on Jul 27, 2014

I have Lyme insomnia - I havent slept unaided for 5 1/2 years now. I rely on valium, a special chinese crystalized herb called Yan Hu suo. Before I crashed with Lyme i had early morning waking for 19 years from the bacrerial infecton and I used to gobble down expemsive mexican valerian to get back to sleepat 4am. Since I discovered iherb(Thankyou iherb - you are an absolute godsend to those of us who spend a fortune on supplements - Im getting alot of my Lyme herbs here too so with out you I wouldnt be surviving),any way I find Nows Valerian capsules just as good as the expensive mexican(which I was told was better) and they help me sleep deeper. They're excellent AND a great price. Im buying alot of Now herbs. Bless - from Australia Tiana

Great product, fast shipping!

Posted by 5171905546835619228 on Apr 05, 2016

This product is a really good one. im using it for anxiety and sleeping problems along with melatonin which seem to knock me out after 30 mins. my anxiety is mostly irritability towards those who are close to me and i manage to feel "normal" towards others and not "hold grudges" for stupid things others have done. All in all, this product is awesome for anxiety and sleeping problems. i really recommend it. i have not tested other brands but this NOW brand is a great bang for the buck.

Didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer1257191 on Nov 17, 2008

I tried this product for a few weeks, and I didn't notice any difference, in fact, it may have kept me awake. It smells TERRIBLE as well.

Relaxing effect aids sleeping

Posted by Reviewer2862031 on Apr 19, 2008

Works very well. After about an hour I can feel relaxation taking place in neck muscles that I previously noticed were tense. Once asleep I stay asleep till it's time to get up.