AUD

Sea Tangle Noodle Company, Kelp Noodles, 12 oz (340 g)

AU$5.28
AU$6.22
Savings of: AU$0.94 (15% off)
Reviews 5-star

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer1581364 on Mar 17, 2012

I've been using Kelp noodles for a while since I've turned to a raw food diet. I make raw Pad Thai and Pesto mainly and I'm happy with this product. I couldn't have it too often though because I used to pay up to AUD$10.50 per pack in Australia! Thanks iHerb for the great price. Tip: you need to wash and rinse them when you get them out of the pack. Then soak them in water with lemon juice and some tamari/nama shoyu or Braggs liquid aminos for approx 3 hours to soften them, or else they are too crunchy and nothing like a noodle. You can then rinse them if you like, to get rid of those flavours if they don't go with your dish. The people who don't like them just don't know how to prepare them, because they taste exactly like any other noodles when prepared as above. They should really have instructions on the packet!

Soak

Posted by Reviewer3236571 on Aug 07, 2011

I really like these noodles, but there are two things to note: They are made from kelp, which is great for most of us. However, those with hyPERthyroidism and those with Hashimoto's may notice side effects if you eat the whole package at once (like I do). The other thing to note is that letting these cook for a few minutes or sit in your sauce for 20 minutes or more will soften them; before doing so, they're on the crunchy side.

KELP NOODLES

Posted by Reviewer2615008 on Oct 19, 2011

Love them! Others have suggested soaking them in lemon juice to soften but I think that makes them taste like a bowl of lemons as they have no flavor on their own. I recommend simmering them in water with some herbs for about 15 minutes while preparing the rest of the recipe. I will definitely continue to order Kelp Noodles!

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1299053 on Oct 19, 2011

These are delicious, heard some complaints about the crunchiness, but I soaked in water with cider vinegar for 30 minutes and this gave them a great texture, I love these noodles.

So yummy!

Posted by Reviewer2874534 on Jan 29, 2015

I could not be happier with these noodles. They make a delightful addition to stir fry. I rinse well, then soak in a brine of water with salt and lemon juice. When ready to use (I can get about 3 servings out of a package), I heat the noodles up with some coconut aminos or add right into a stir fry. Leftover noodles store indefinitely in the fridge in the aforementioned brine. Zucchini noodles are great for Italian dishes, but for Asian, these noodles cannot be beat! If this review has helped you make a more informed choice, please hit "yes" below!