AU

Posted on Apr 6, 2022

Used folic acid and there was no change in folic acid serum levels, started using 5-MTHF daily and serum levels increased within 2 weeks so that I had to switch to supplementing once every 2-3 days. Note, that everybody's different, so for somebody else folic acid my work as well. For me - 5-MTHF.

Posted on Mar 14, 2022

I have the 5-MTHF mutation, and taking these have literally changed my life. I have so much more energy than I think I've ever had and have gone from a disability pension to working 4 days a week. If you have that mutation it's definitely worth giving these a go!

Posted on Feb 15, 2022

This one's the best thing to take especially for pregnant (and trying-to-get-preggy) women. I've been diagnosed with the MTHFR mutation gene and I wish I had known about it before my first pregnancy. My new OB highly recommends this one. This brand also comes up as one of the best options out there. Value for money and very good.

5-MTHF is the best form of folic acid and may be taken during pregnancy (please, never take a synthetic form). It plays an essential role in methylation, it enables the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, the production of serotonin and melatonin, and it is indirectly involved in the synthesis of DNA. It also helps with depression, megaloblastic anemia, and renal and hepatic impairment. Thorne is a solid brand but very expensive.

Posted on Aug 29, 2021

To me, the test for whether a supplement does its job is whether I feel any better after taking it. I feel better after taking this, no adverse reactions and have the confidence which comes with knowing I am taking a very good quality supplement. Please like my review if you found it helpful.

Posted on Jul 25, 2022

thorne products are highly regarded and recommended as great quality supplements and ingredients. folate is a form of folic acid that our body can absorb and most women lack of this B vitamin which is necessary for our immunity to function properly. the size is small and easy to take. there are different potency strengths so please consider consulting an ND before taking high potency folate. I will buy again, I'm still taking it alongside other supplements which I hope it will help me clear a nasty virus.

Posted on Jun 24, 2022

Thorne is a great quality company and I trust their products, pills are small which is good, but even better that Thorne stated you can open and add to a smoothie or fruit juice, for those who cannot swallow pills. (I have a non-piller so I have to call directly to find out!)

Posted on Mar 30, 2022

I was referred this product by my Kinesiologist. I have been taking this brand for approximately nine months & haven't had any noticeable negative side effects. I definitely see improvements in my overall mental health from these. I love that Thorne is GF and these pills are tiny making them easy to swallow. Great Product, Super Fast shipping!

Posted on Mar 24, 2022

High quality brand and product with low and clean other non-active ingredients/exipients, you can always depend on Thorne for that. This is the best form of folate to take as folate needs to be methylated in the body and some people can't effectively methylate folic acid if taken in that form as a supplement. Also important as having high levels of un-converted folic acid in your system can be deleterious.

Posted on Dec 20, 2021

Activated folic acid is an absolute must when pregnant, as well as a fertility booster when trying to conceive. Thorne's is, of course, of best quality (and that's exactly what one wants for their baby). The small-in-size capsules are easy to swallow, have no taste or smell. Highly recommend.