Make These Superfood Boosted Beauty Treatments
February 27 2019
In this article:
Homemade beauty products let you have complete control over the ingredients of each product. In this way, you need not to be concerned about potentially harmful chemicals, dyes or preservatives.
Also, homemade items save money considering the high cost of common and recommended beauty products found on the market today. The superfood ingredients of many homemade items enable the finished product to be used in multiple ways. Check out the following recipes to choose favorites and have fun creating.
Stop oxidative stress in its tracks with this simple formula that encourages new cell growth and rejuvenation.
- Combine the vitamin C powder and water in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until they are completely dissolved.
- Add the Aloe vera and vitamin E.
- Mix well.
- Store the solution in a dark bottle in the refrigerator.
- Apply the serum after bathing and toner application but before moisturizing.
Beetroots are a great superfood and a source of many different minerals and vitamins. In addition, the substance does not contain irritating dairy, gluten, soy or wheat. The recipe is designed to reduce pores and even overall skin tone.
- 1 tsp. of Bentonite Clay
- 2 tsp. of Honey
- 1 tsp. of Warmed Water
- 3 drops of Essential Oil
- ¼ to ½ tsp. of Organic Beetroot Powder
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until a thickened paste forms.
- Apply the homemade product to the face and neck areas using a circular motion.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes until the mask solidifies.
- Remove the mask using warm water and a washcloth.
- Pat skin dry and apply a moisturizer.
The curcumin antioxidant substance in this common spice has anti-inflammatory properties that encourage blood circulation and cell reproduction in problem areas. The recipe is designed to reduce redness and irritation while evening skin tone and providing a healthy glow. A light application is all that is needed for pleasing results.
- 4 Tbs. of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. of Raw Honey
- 4 Tbs. of Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp. of Powdered Turmeric
- 10 drops of preferred Essential Oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Store the contents in a container.
- On dampened skin, apply the formula in a circular motion, being careful to avoid the eye area.
- Rinse skin and pat dry.
The formula contains turmeric and coconut oil, which combine to create an amazing homemade tooth whitener that also helps heal irritated gum tissues.
- Combine the ingredients and mix well to create a thickened paste. More turmeric can be added as needed to thicken.
- Store in a small container.
- Apply to toothbrush and brush teeth for approximately two minutes.
- Rinse the mouth.
- Use the formula each day for one week.
- Repeat once a week for general maintenance.
The superfood ingredients of this mask help even skin tone while tightening, reducing pores and minimizing wrinkles. The formula also nourishes the skin while eliminating harmful topical microbes.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Add more Aloe vera or honey until achieving the desired consistency.
- The mask should be slightly thickened but not too thick to apply.
- Apply the mask to facial skin and allow to dry for 20 to 25 minutes.
- A tingling sensation is common. Remove if it's too uncomfortable.
- Rinse skin with warm water and a washcloth.
- Pat dry.
The fizzy bombs provide a delightful treat for a soothing soak in the tub.
- 1 cup of Baking Soda
- ½ cup of Citric Acid
- ½ cup of Epsom Salt
- 3 tsp. of Organic Beetroot Powder
- 20 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Tangerine Essential Oil
- 1 small Spray Bottle Filled with Witch Hazel
- ¼ cup sized measuring cup
- Combine the baking soda, beet root powder, citric acid and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the essential oils and blend thoroughly to eliminate lumps.
- Lightly mist the mixture with approximately three sprays of witch hazel.
- Mix again.
- Add enough moisture so that the ingredients hold together without crumbling.
- Press the mixture into the measuring cup to mold.
- Unmold onto a foil-covered baking tray and repeat the process.
- Allow the molds to dry overnight.
- Store the molds in zippered plastic bags or a decorative jar.
- While filling the tub, drop one or two bath bombs into the water.
Bentonite clay creates the foundation of a product that gently exfoliates the skin while removing harmful oils and toxins. The recipe makes one application that reduces skin redness and irritation.
- 2 Tbs. of Bentonite Clay
- 3 Tbs. of Chamomile Water
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl to form a thickened paste.
- Apply the mask to facial skin, taking care to avoid the eye areas.
- Allow the mask to dry for approximately five minutes.
- Rinse skin with warm water and a washcloth while gently massaging.
- Moisturize skin as desired.
- Apply the mask weekly.
While many people use baking soda as a natural alternative to commercial toothpaste, the texture and flavor are typically unpleasant. However, this recipe tastes great, contains no harmful products while cleansing thoroughly and provides fresh breath.
- 7 Tbs. of Bentonite Clay
- 3 Tbs. of Mineral Water
- 15 drops of Peppermint Oil
- 20 drops of Spearmint Oil
- 5 drops of Cinnamon Oil or Tea Tree Oil
- 1 tsp. of Coconut Oil
- 3 tsp. of Xylitol to sweeten
- 1 tsp. of Baking Soda
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the water.
- Add the water a little at a time until thick paste forms.
- Store the toothpaste in a glass container.
- Apply to toothbrush and brush twice daily.
Dermatologists commonly advise using sunscreen to prevent sun damage and later skin cancer. However, most commercially available formulas contain carcinogenic substances that include retinyl palmitate. Many contain oxybenzone that disrupts many of the body's hormones in addition to being toxic to coral and marine life. The homemade recipe provides up to an SPF of 30 while containing all-natural ingredients.
- 2 Tbs. of Beeswax
- 2 Tbs. of Shea Butter
- 2 Tbs. of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. of Raspberry Seed Oil
- 1 tsp. of Vitamin E
- 25 drops of a favorite Essential Oil
- 1 ½ Tbs. of Zinc Oxide
- Put the beeswax, Shea butter and zinc oxide in a jar and set in a pot of water on the stove.
- Melt the combination.
- Stir the mixture and gradually add the olive oil.
- Continue heating and stirring until the beeswax thoroughly blends with the other ingredients.
- Add the raspberry oil and vitamin E while stirring to combine.
- When the formula liquifies, remove the jar from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a 4-ounce jar or other containers.
- Label and cover.
- Apply as needed when outdoors.